Bible Reading Plans

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Douglas E. Stockwell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 10 2016 8:31 PM

I have used Logos for quite some time, for sermon prep, but I am finally going to start doing my devotional reading on Logos 7.  What I was wondering is if I could get my daily reading to open up to a different Layout than when I am doing sermon prep.  For my daily Bible reading I would just like the Biblical text to open, along with the highlighting panel.  Is that possible?

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2016 8:51 PM

I don't know if I understand what you are trying to do. But I would set up the screen how you would like it, save it as a layout and then drag that saved layout to the top toolbar. Then you can click on it when you open the software and immediately bring your devotional layout up. 

Posts 24757
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2016 9:01 PM

Douglas E. Stockwell:
 For my daily Bible reading I would just like the Biblical text to open, along with the highlighting panel.  Is that possible?

Yes - you do this by setting up a "Custom Homepage Layout" for a Reading Plan - details at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/122221/798893.aspx 

Basically you setup the Layout you want and then save it in the "Bible Reading Plan" slot in the "Home Page Layouts" section

Note this layout is only used if the workspace area is blank before invoking the plan

Posts 63
greypilgrim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 11 2016 7:22 AM

I do this all the time. When you go back to sermon prep you will not lose any of the set up. How you do this is explained by others

John H Pavelko

Crossroads Presbyterian Church

Walled Lake MI

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS