Question on ACCS Series in Black Friday Sale

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1005
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 16 2016 6:36 AM

A couple of questions ...

I was wondering if the ACCS Series had been sold as individual volumes in the past (?). 

I see them listed in the Black Friday Sale that way at $21.99 USD per volume.  If one were to purchase all of them at that price it would seem to be twice the cost of the whole set ($659 vs. $308). 

There are 30 individual titles listed which seems to be 1 more than the 29 for the set so I'm not sure which one is additional. 

But then there is the question of dynamic pricing which, if it exists for this series, would seem to yield a better value on missing volumes than the sale price (?).

Does anyone have another insight?  Maybe I'm off somewhere.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 7:36 AM

I don't remember seeing them listed separately before, but I absolutely could be wrong about that. It looks like the Black Friday page lists the volume on Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, and 2 Samuel twice. I think these are just duplicate listings rather than a case of 1st and 2nd editions.

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 8:49 AM

Steve:

A couple of questions ...

I was wondering if the ACCS Series had been sold as individual volumes in the past (?). 

I see them listed in the Black Friday Sale that way at $21.99 USD per volume.  If one were to purchase all of them at that price it would seem to be twice the cost of the whole set ($659 vs. $308). 

There are 30 individual titles listed which seems to be 1 more than the 29 for the set so I'm not sure which one is additional. 

But then there is the question of dynamic pricing which, if it exists for this series, would seem to yield a better value on missing volumes than the sale price (?).

Does anyone have another insight?  Maybe I'm off somewhere.

Joshua/Judges is listed twice

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 12:04 PM

Steve:

Since ACCS is included in the standard base package, starting at L7 Gold, you may find that it's more cost-effective to get the ACCS set for $4 as part of a library, if you are interested in anything like the other complete commentary sets or the 6-volume Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary that is also bundled with Gold.

I had AYBD on my wish list and was happy to get it in Gold for $4 instead of separately buying it for $200.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 1680
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 16 2016 5:26 PM

Steve:

No: I don't recall seeing them individually before.

Steve:

You're right. I came to the same conclusion. The only benefit of the sale as it stands would be if you wanted to buy a particular volume (such as the one on the Apocrypha).

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS