Visual Filter question

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1367
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 16 2016 11:34 AM

For years I have used a visual filter to show imperatives and other things as I study. It really is a great tool.....

Recently I added {Section <LiteraryTyping = Quotation, Old Testament>}  to show OT quotations at a glance as well as {Section <LiteraryTyping = Allusion, Old Testament>}  for allusions. (Really cool!)

I am wondering if there is a way to show in the O.T. verses that are quoted in the NT. There probably is but I can't think of it right now.

Anybody able to give tips?

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 2:29 AM

Try this: {Label Intertext} {Milestone <Genesis–Malachi>}

For Quotations only: {Label Intertext WHERE Relationship = "Quotation"} {Milestone <Genesis–Malachi>}

Exchange the word "Quotation" with "Allusion", "Citation", or "Echo" depending on what you want.

Posts 301
Jerry Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 8:11 AM

Thank you both for this thread! Where can I go to learn more of the formatting to build visual filters?

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 8:55 AM

Jerry Smith:
Where can I go to learn more of the formatting to build visual filters?

Here: https://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Filter 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 17 2016 1:33 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
I am wondering if there is a way to show in the O.T. verses that are quoted in the NT.

Schumitinu:
For Quotations only: {Label Intertext WHERE Relationship = "Quotation"} {Milestone <Genesis–Malachi>}

Combined with Propositional Outlines for Blue Letter with Bold quotes:

FYI: Group Publishing has Jesus Centered Bible with Blue Letter in Old Testament, which has box showing New Testament usage,

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1367
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:19 PM

Thanks for the help (I was away, sorry for the delay)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS