Pasting quotes in "Sermon" with Logos Now still not working right

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 19 2016 11:48 AM

I am still have some difficulty with the Logos Now Sermon document accepting my quotes in the correct format. And a customer service representative with Logos got rude with on the phone and hung up once. Their customer service has really declined. Anyway, I am about ready to go to Accordance but in the meantime I would like to figure this out. I am going to try and put up a screen shot of what I should be getting and what I am getting to try and figure this out. 

This is what I should be getting

Do you see the difference in the two quotes from MacArthur, This second screen is what I am suppose to be getting and the first is what I am getting. What is wrong?

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 11:59 AM

In the second screen it looks as though there is another "quote box" - above the McArthur one. Is that correct?

It looks as though the difference is that in the first you are pasting into a bulleted list while in the second you are not 

Is that the case or am i misunderstanding the screenshots?

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 12:07 PM

Graham Criddle:

In the second screen it looks as though there is another "quote box" - above the McArthur one. Is that correct?

It looks as though the difference is that in the first you are pasting into a bulleted list while in the second you are not 

Is that the case or am i misunderstanding the screenshots?

The one above the MacArthur quote is a Bible citation. I do have bullet points in my sermons, but I turn those off when I am trying to paste a quote. The first screen shot shows bullet points because I just got so frustrated with the way that it was working, that I just did it to make everything look the same. Not to mention to have people at Logos tell you that the program will not do what I clearly know that it will and then hang up on me only added to the frustration, 

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 12:29 PM

Just wanted to add that for no reason that I can see at all, it worked this time. I did nothing different and it worked...this time. 

Posts 1367
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:35 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

Just wanted to add that for no reason that I can see at all, it worked this time. I did nothing different and it worked...this time. 

I have seen this as well, but I found that it usually happened when I had deleted some text and then pasted in the quote (does this make sense?)

If I right clicked and dragged from the bottom of the sermon up to the end of my last word and hit "delete" it cleared the formatting (?) and then the paste went as you desire.

Try that and see....it seemed to work for me.

Posts 1367
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:38 PM

Looking closer at your first screenshot, I think that's what is going on. Any paste into the middle of text will paste in a funny way....if you delete the space and paste into a new space it will quote it for you

Posts 327
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2016 8:08 PM

Mike Tourangeau:

Looking closer at your first screenshot, I think that's what is going on. Any paste into the middle of text will paste in a funny way....if you delete the space and paste into a new space it will quote it for you

Thanks, Mike, I will give that a try!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS