Logos grinding to a halt? why?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11
William Butchart | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 20 2016 7:14 AM

I am using logos cloud and logos 7 on my windows 10 computer, its a i5 computer with plenty ram and it struggles to run logos.  When opening logos it takes around 1 min to open, to search takes just as long, today I opened it, 5 mins later still not started up and had to use ctr alt delete and close it to stop it hogging all my computer resources.  Whats going on? The other software I have, which is disgustingly publicly insulted on these forums (fruit?), takes 10 seconds to open and search is instant.

Any help, is there something wrong on my end?

Thanks. 

Posts 1070
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 7:43 AM

Hello and welcome William

You said that Logos cloud but at what level? and which Base package is your Logos 7?

The cloud is more for someone without a Logos base package, Logos Now is different and gives you all the new features to fully use Logos 7.

Also if your system has a HDD and not a SSD it will take more time to load. 

Note if your system has not completed downloading and indexing all files Logos will keep trying to do that until it completes; after the index is completed your library can see all the resources you have and search them.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 20 2016 11:01 AM

William Butchart:
When opening logos it takes around 1 min to open, to search takes just as long,

Diagnostic log files can show what is happening: Faithlife support has => Report a Problem

Has Logos indexing completed ?

When opening Logos, the collection cache is refreshed. Personally wish Logos would show collection cache in progress notification. 

Also dreaming of an option to turn off Logos 7 automatic Search assistance because Logos 7 becomes unresponsive while list of search suggestions is being built.

William Butchart:
my windows 10 computer, its a i5 computer with plenty ram and it struggles to run logos.

Please elaborate on computer hardware: i5 model, storage device, graphics.

Logos is a resource intensive application so "gaming" hardware improves performance, especially PCIe and SSD storage devices.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS