Logos 7 and read aloud

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 21 2016 5:45 AM

I have using this feature in my study.

But the book I am reading aloud has greek words and Logos does not read the word but instead reads each letter. Can this be changed so that Logos will say the word instead of each letter?

Also if I pause the book for any reason, I have to exit reading and restart from the top, is it correct? Maybe this is a bug I don't remember restarting the reader in OS X. Maybe it could be something with macOS Sierra.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 21
James Hogg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 10:24 AM

I have mild dyslexia, so I tend to use the reading feature quite a lot, but I have found it difficult to use. It seems to be ok to start, but if you try to pause it or move the text it seems to get confused, also sometimes it scrolls the text in time well and other times not so well. I tend to start it off and try not to touch it. It would be good if it could highlight each word as it pronounced it and also if you could press a key that would highlight the text that it was reading so you could come back to it later. Also I am not sure how much of the pronunciation problem is more down to OS X than logos.

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 11:14 AM

Lee:
But the book I am reading aloud has greek words and Logos does not read the word but instead reads each letter. Can this be changed so that Logos will say the word instead of each letter?

There are two kinds of "read aloud." I assume you mean the computer generated, rather than an actual, human voice (which is an audiobook). The computer generated "read aloud" is an operating system feature and unfortunately there isn't much Logos can do. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 9:00 PM

Thanks Alabama24 

But I am talking about the option within Logos, do we not have any control to edit how this works?

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 21 2016 10:50 PM

You have some limited control over how that works on OS level. On Windows, that's in coltrol panel on "Text to speech". I have no idea where you'd find those settings on Mac.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS