Base Package Discounts Ever Coming Back?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 119
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 28 2016 1:00 PM

I was hoping for some Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on base packages for those to whom I have recommended Logos. I personally started with Bronze package that was 40% off on a Black Friday sale. If it were not for this big discount, who knows if I would have gone with a cheaper product (in quality and price).  Any thoughts on whether or not Faithlife will be offering these types of special intro deals ever again? 

Posts 1454
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 1:12 PM

No, I dont think so. The best deal Faithlife does is during launching a new version of Logos. Other discounts of Base Package will be always less. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 3544
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 1:42 PM

While I've been told by sales that FL has moved away from % off base package deals (probably since LN already offers a discount for libraries or feature sets), it's strange to imagine that a base package will never go on sale again until the next major release.

While I missed out on any better savings from 2015 as I wasn't shopping for software at that time, FL did discount L6 about 6 months ago. I took advantage of that particular deal to purchase my first base package. I believe it was 15% off the base package, plus a commentary set for free.

I likely wouldn't have jumped on board, if it wasn't for the special base package pricing at the time.

In retrospect, it cost a lot more than I imagined to get the resources my library actually needed to make better use of all the features and tools, but I hope they will continue to offer some type of incentive to introduce other Non-Logosians to their first (of likely many) Logos purchases.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 1073
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 2:40 PM

PetahChristian:

In retrospect, it cost a lot more than I imagined to get the resources my library actually needed to make better use of all the features and tools, but I hope they will continue to offer some type of incentive to introduce other Non-Logosians to their first (of likely many) Logos purchases.

While it doesn't seem to be the current direction for the company, I would also like to see them offer a much more affordable "gateway package" into the Logos world.  The first package I bought was the "New American Standard Electronic Bible Library," which was quite affordable. I year or so later I picked up a little larger package on sale - I believe it was the Bible Study library. For me, the initial cost of entry was pretty low - less than what I would have spent on a really nice leather bound paper Bible. I'm not sure I would have ever become a Logos owner had the current pricing structure been in place at the time.

Posts 119
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 2:53 PM

EastTN:
While it doesn't seem to be the current direction for the company, I would also like to see them offer a much more affordable "gateway package" into the Logos world

My thoughts exactly. I have spent what I consider an embarrassing amount of money on Logos resources after my initial entrance with a Bronze package. I do not regret my purchases, because they have been worth their weight in gold. Again, though, I would not have taken that first step if the intro discount was not so appealing. It is difficult to explain the worth of Logos to a person who has only ever used e-Sword and still thinks of a library in terms of paper books on wooden shelves. Payment plans are very helpful, but a "welcome aboard" discount offer would tip the scales for many to making their first purchase.

Posts 7067
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 3:43 PM

Jonathan Ray:

I was hoping for some Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on base packages for those to whom I have recommended Logos. I personally started with Bronze package that was 40% off on a Black Friday sale. If it were not for this big discount, who knows if I would have gone with a cheaper product (in quality and price).  Any thoughts on whether or not Faithlife will be offering these types of special intro deals ever again? 

Considered yourself blessed.  No one really gets 40% off a base package.  Maybe during libronix days, those who had student discount could get somewhere near that.  They will continue to offer different sales and discounts, some good some not so good.  The best ones so far have been the free books every month with an additional book for 0.99 cents or $1.99 - some top notch, some not so top notch but free and cheap are always good.

DAL

Posts 1073
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 5:12 PM

DAL:

...The best ones so far have been the free books every month with an additional book for 0.99 cents or $1.99 - some top notch, some not so top notch but free and cheap are always good.

I completely agree with that! Over the course of a couple of years these offers add up to a nice collection of very inexpensive books.

Posts 3719
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 6:33 PM

Isn't the intro sale still going on?

Posts 7067
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 6:43 PM

Mattillo:

Yes, that's what kind of confused me at first when I read the OP's post.

DAL

Posts 119
Jonathan Ray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 28 2016 8:56 PM

Mattillo:

I'm talking about the drastic Black Friday type of discounts that hooked me, not the 10% intro discount that is going on right now.

Posts 3719
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 29 2016 5:46 AM

Jonathan Ray:

Mattillo:

I'm talking about the drastic Black Friday type of discounts that hooked me, not the 10% intro discount that is going on right now.

Ok I get it now... sorry.  I definitely see what you mean as it would have been nice to have an extra discount for Black Friday.  I wonder when the intro discount goes away?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS