Graphic Bible explorer

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 13 2010 12:25 PM

I envision a display similar to the 3-D text versions display in which the balls are references (independent clauses preferred, verses more practical) with color coded relations (deuterographs, parrallel passage, shared form e.g. macarism, alternative reading, allusion / reference to, shared image, shared topic ...). Balls, distinguished by saturation of color, as inside selected canon, outside selected canon, proposed for canon but never widely accepted. Color and shape of link shows relationship.  Focus is always on a single ball (verse) and only one level of relationships to that verse are shown. Mouse-over (temporary) or click (open) displays text, relationship and information about the relationship. User may add notes to relationships. Source of information: (1) notes for alternative readings (2) cross-references (3) harmonies and parallels (4) dictionaries of allusions/quotations. Preferably, the user can add links, filter display by link class.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 3:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

I envision a display similar to the 3-D text versions display in which the balls are references (independent clauses preferred, verses more practical) with color coded relations (deuterographs, parrallel passage, shared form e.g. macarism, alternative reading, allusion / reference to, shared image, shared topic ...). Balls, distinguished by saturation of color, as inside selected canon, outside selected canon, proposed for canon but never widely accepted. Color and shape of link shows relationship.  Focus is always on a single ball (verse) and only one level of relationships to that verse are shown. Mouse-over (temporary) or click (open) displays text, relationship and information about the relationship. User may add notes to relationships. Source of information: (1) notes for alternative readings (2) cross-references (3) harmonies and parallels (4) dictionaries of allusions/quotations. Preferably, the user can add links, filter display by link class.

When I first saw the subject header, I was wondering how graphic you wanted to get -- such as David and Bathsheba.  I was thinking "Dirty old man (er ... lady)."

Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 29136
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 7:33 PM

George Somsel:
graphic you wanted to get -- such as David and Bathsheba

At least Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS