Why all the bundling? Request to Logos/Faithlife staff

Page 6 of 12 (225 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 224 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 1:00 PM

Mark Barnes:

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):
I'm looking into this right now. I'll let you know when I hear something back.

Ben,

Please can you do the same for Grudem's The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today. It's available for sale in Vyrso, but a Logos edition also exists.

Cool, thanks, Mark! I snatched the Vyrso edition just in case it gets removed later. Hopefully, soon, I’ll get upgraded to the Logos version for free

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

Posts 861
LogosEmployee

Daniel Radke:

This may not apply to all of the resources mentioned in this thread. I'll look into each of those separately.

Ben, thank you for your clear and helpful note. If possible, I'd love to know whether the New Morning Mercies Vyrso edition I purchased is slated to be retired when the Logos edition goes from pre-publication to live.

So the Vyrso edition of New Morning Mercies will be replaced by the Logos edition. If you have the Vyrso edition, you'll get the Logos edition free.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 4 2018 1:48 PM

So the Vyrso edition of New Morning Mercies will be replaced by the Logos edition. If you have the Vyrso edition, you'll get the Logos edition free.

Great to hear! Thanks for looking into this!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 4 2018 2:55 PM

Didn't get to buy it...even though the sale of best of 2017 is still going on

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 615
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 3:10 PM

Hi Ben,

Any update on the classic commentary sets mentioned on page 4 of this thread or John Brown's Systematic Theology (all public domain works)?

Posts 40
Jim R. Keener | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 4:28 PM

I agree.  I found out today that I do not have the tools "Concordance" and "Bible Browser".  I have spent $4,300 for my library and can't use these two tools because I only have a "Starter" set.  What a rip off.  I had a Chat with a person and he offered me the tools package for $189.00 and if I bought it they would give me a $199.00 Mobile Course.  I don't want the course I just want to be able to use the tools Logos offers.

I will not give them another cent.  I'm going back to building my WordSearch library.

Jim R. Keener

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 5:07 PM

It’s because you don’t own the ”new” features that have been developed. You can go for Logos Now subscription may be worth it for you

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 27553
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 5:16 PM

Jim R. Keener:
I agree.

Your issue is unrelated (lack of features) to the post you replied to (bundling of books sold together).

Jim R. Keener:
I have spent $4,300 for my library and can't use these two tools

Two things: The software is free but continued development requires an influx of funds. To accomplish this, some new features require a purchase. You should still have access to OLD features and all of your resources, but if you want NEW features, you may have to pay for them. 

As Keith suggested, you should consider a "Logos Now" subscription. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 6:58 PM

Jim R. Keener:
I found out today that I do not have the tools "Concordance" and "Bible Browser".  I have spent $4,300 for my library and can't use these two tools because I only have a "Starter" set. 

Comparing Feature Sets => https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets?productIds=121388,121389,120029,120030,136012,124704,124703 shows Concordance Tool plus many more features need Full Feature Set, Now membership, or Cloud Subscription

Suspect Concordance was included in Full Feature Set with many other original language features. Bible Browser also includes selections for many datasets that are included in Full Feature Set: e.g. Propositional Outlines, Longacre Genre, Grammatical Constructions, Figurative Language, ...

Logos Essentials Upgrade (Medium) includes Full Feature Set plus some resources => https://www.logos.com/product/145467/logos-7-essential-upgrade (albeit Now membership is less expensive plus would have a discount toward new Logos 8 library purchase later this year).

Thankful for free Mobile Education courses => LT270: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1:1–16 and => LT271: Study the Bible with Logos: Jonah 1 that include many tips about using Logos Bible Software.

Jim R. Keener:
I'm going back to building my WordSearch library.

Thankful for over 100,000 resources being available for use in Logos so wallet crying potential is more than WordSearch.

Thankful for my favorite feature of visual filter highlighting to "see" range of Greek verbal expression => Examples of visual filters being usable in free Basic packages (and above, including Starter).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3159
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 5:48 AM

Please add this to your list Ben

https://www.logos.com/product/148350/crossway-apologetics-collection 

Posts 8
Jake | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 3:37 PM

I'd like to see Logos basic/starter more focused on BIBLE study, not everything else.  I'm a layperson, and don't need all the stuff that comes with the product.  And I think there's a few features that are excluded from the basic version that I think EVERYONE who studies the Bible should have...so why are those features excluded?  Like to create "sermons" for family Bible study, but it is looking like I have to spend $$$ to upgrade to get one feature.

I'm just a layperson, and I'm finding Logos overly complicated, which makes it not as powerful as just a Bible + document editor.

I'd put more focus into the application features, simplicity, performance, portability between all my different devices and operating systems.

I also don't want to get tied into an ecosystem, so anything I create needs to be exportable.  If Logos decided not to exist, I don't want to lose my life's work that I've put into my study documentation.

I want something better than all the free stuff out there, but don't want to spend $$$ for the next level.  There needs to be something in the middle.  Let us add stuff later, if we want it.

Focused on SIMPLE personal and family bible study.

Posts 6321
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 7:11 PM

I agree the sermon editor should be free even in the basic package. Accordance and WORDsearch, even e-sword has their own “sermon editor“ for free (they have different names each). It’s a basic tool for preachers and lay teachers. Just my opinion ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 7:33 PM

Jake:
I want something better than all the free stuff out there, but don't want to spend $$$ for the next level.  There needs to be something in the middle.  Let us add stuff later, if we want it.

Thankful for Faithlife offering four levels (bundles) of Features:

• Basic (Free)
  • Starter
  • Full
  • Now (All Features plus more) for $ 99.99 annual membership

This thread has mentioned three features in Full and Now (Bible Browser, Concordance, and Sermon Editor) with desire for them to be included in less expensive bundle(s).

Jake:
I also don't want to get tied into an ecosystem, so anything I create needs to be exportable.  If Logos decided not to exist, I don't want to lose my life's work that I've put into my study documentation.

Ecosystem lock in happens for published digital resources. STEP was not commercially viable => https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STEP_Library 

For Logos, keeping your stuff in docx files that can be compiled into Personal Books is viable. Logos wiki has => Personal Books

Jake:
I'm just a layperson, and I'm finding Logos overly complicated, which makes it not as powerful as just a Bible + document editor.

Logos has powerful features for daily study over many hours.  Concur about learning curve to use Logos effectively. As a lay person have been amazed what Logos can show me in the Bible (plus quickly find relevant articles in my library). Thankful for free Basic that includes Bibles with Reverse Interlinear tagging, Note documents, plus can create Personal Books.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3159
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:47 AM

Ben

Please add this to the list as well. I'd love to get praying the Bible without all the other stuff

https://www.logos.com/product/145484/crossway-christian-living-collection#008 

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 27 2018 12:25 PM

Ben, Would it be possible to break up this collection? https://www.logos.com/product/49385/baker-leadership-collection-upgrade#003 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1825
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 20 2018 6:07 PM

BUMP

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 12:16 PM

David Thomas:

Ben, Would it be possible to break up this collection? https://www.logos.com/product/49385/baker-leadership-collection-upgrade#003 

Got it on this list :)

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Page 6 of 12 (225 items) ยซ First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS