Library Expansions

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 76
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:21 PM

Logos, it's pretty difficult to give any real thought to these absent a "new to me" selection and mouse hover to see more info and a resource.

Posts 23209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 12:41 PM

John Crupper:

Logos, it's pretty difficult to give any real thought to these absent a "new to me" selection and mouse hover to see more info and a resource.

This is available on the actual product pages for the expansion bundles

https://www.logos.com/product/128329/logos-7-hebrew-studies-library-expansion-m - for example - gives me:

Posts 5382
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:12 PM

Problem is Graham, Faithlife has not made it obvious these pages exist and there is no link to them if you are adding an expansion package as part of a base package purchase, all you get is a very unhelpful user experience that would put you off buying as the John has highlighted. Faithlife are continuing to drop the ball when it comes to ease of use on their website.

John the following link will get you to the pages Graham is referring to for all expansion libraries:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Library+expansion%22&start=60&sort=rel&pageSize=60 

Posts 11188
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:40 PM

DOC ... it gets worse. I took advantage of your query and then selected one. On iOS ipod/iphone, you don't get to see which books (any). Only buy. I switched to my mini and ended up with a volume on Montanists. A lot cheaper, and it was a book too.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5382
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:23 PM

Logos mobile website is a very poor user experience. I really don't like using it at all if I am trying to decide if I want to buy something or not.

Denise:

DOC ... it gets worse. I took advantage of your query and then selected one. On iOS ipod/iphone, you don't get to see which books (any). Only buy. I switched to my mini and ended up with a volume on Montanists. A lot cheaper, and it was a book too.

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:29 PM
Hey DOC use the "Request Desktop" feature so you can see all the options instead of the mobile version. DAL
Posts 5382
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2016 11:39 PM

DAL:
Hey DOC use the "Request Desktop" feature so you can see all the options instead of the mobile version. DAL

I do that and it goes straight back to the Mobile Version.  It's the only website that does this.. all others go to the desktop site as you would expect... but not surprised. The people at Logos have always had the attitude they know better than the customer what the customer wants so should expect their website to override my request to display full desktop site.

Thanks for the thought DAL.

Posts 3933
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 10:23 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
I do that and it goes straight back to the Mobile Version.  It's the only website that does this.. all others go to the desktop site as you would expect... but not surprised. The people at Logos have always had the attitude they know better than the customer what the customer wants so should expect their website to override my request to display full desktop site.

Switching to desktop works for me. Are you sure it's FL's fault that it doesn't work for you?

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2016 12:04 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

There's a link at the bottom of Logos mobile pages to view the full desktop version. That setting will stick for the session, although sometimes it's a lot of scrolling to get to it.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS