Convert Kindle books to Logos?

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 49 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:16 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I appreciate your efforts but I can't get the hang of this- every book so far I have just deleted can't get them right.

Please wait for the auto scroll function. It will make things much easier. It will hopefully be complete within a week.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 9:04 AM

Jan Krohn:

Whyndell Grizzard:

I appreciate your efforts but I can't get the hang of this- every book so far I have just deleted can't get them right.

Please wait for the auto scroll function. It will make things much easier. It will hopefully be complete within a week.

Don't get me wrong- its a good app- but for what I do- its not working. I'll keep trying- so keep updating it.

Posts 3174
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 5:51 AM

Jan Krohn:

I've created a small tool that can convert Kindle to HTML without removing (or even touching) the DRM. Actually this thread here got me first thinking about the idea.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/amazon-global/81-amazon-kindle-ebook-downloader

Since I'm not a lawyer either, I can't comment on the legality either, however for countries where removing DRM is clearly illegal, my tool might be a good option.

I decided to give the app another try on my favorite book by Leon Morris(The Apostolic Preaching of the Cross):

I noticed that in copy all- it would miss pages- had to use footnote numbers to track down missing data.

I still have work to do- re-linking all the foot notes in the docx file- but was surprised that it only took 6 hours for me to compile the book.

Looks good in Logos.

Posts 1938
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:17 PM

Can I get a quick understanding of the legality of converting Kindle books to Logos?  I tried looking for information regarding this.  I am sure it has already come up but I can't find the information.

Thanks

Posts 27560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 24 2017 6:31 PM

Mark:

Can I get a quick understanding of the legality of converting Kindle books to Logos?  I tried looking for information regarding this.  I am sure it has already come up but I can't find the information.

Thanks

You aren't going to get a satisfactory answer. No one can point to something authoritative and say, "it's settled, here's the answer." It certainly breaks Kindle's rules. There are other cases one can point to, but they aren't satisfactorily equivalent. You can, for example, make a personal copy of a compact disc as a backup. This isn't that.  

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1938
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 25 2017 4:54 AM

Thanks alabama24

Posts 2
Norman Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 21 2018 2:04 PM

This article you referenced is the reverse of what he's trying to do

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:42 PM

JT (alabama24):
You can, for example, make a personal copy of a compact disc as a backup. This isn't that.  

Has a court said there is a legal difference in making a personal copy of a cd and an electronic book?  Is that a fact that this isn't that?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1147
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:39 PM

Just posting so this thread shows in my threads.

Posts 27560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:54 PM

Michael Childs:

JT (alabama24):
You can, for example, make a personal copy of a compact disc as a backup. This isn't that.  

Has a court said there is a legal difference in making a personal copy of a cd and an electronic book?  Is that a fact that this isn't that?

I don’t think so, and you have worn me down to something closer to your view... If you read my post again you will see that I have said “it isn’t clear.” As to making a copy of a CD vs. converting a Kindle book into a different format... those aren’t the “same thing.” The closest eqivel would be copying the kindle book, in its original format, to a thumb drive. Again, I have come to the point where I believe it is certainly unclear. Copying a CD, however, is clear. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 3 of 3 (50 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS