The Bible Project

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 15 2016 2:21 AM

For those who don't know, The Bible Project has produced a series of short videos covering every book of the Bible, summarised in poster form. They've said that they're looking to produce a kind of coffee-table book next year for this (with the posters and the full script for each video), and I was wondering if there was any chance to have an interactive version of this made available in Logos?

I'm not sure how plausible this is, given that they are a not-for-profit venture with all of the material freely available online, but I know Tim Mackie (the main speaker in the videos) is a Logos user, and given your work on Piper's Look at the Book videos it doesn't seem totally beyond the pale...?

Posts 181
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 12:32 PM

YesYesYesYes

It's worth contacting Jon or Tim regarding this.

Posts 493
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2016 10:32 PM

At the least, ive thought there material would be a great addition to Faithlife TV or something of that sort. FWIW, ive really enjoyed their material!  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 4:58 PM

It would be great to have The Bible Project videos as a sort of Mobile Ed course with written transcripts and links to recommend resources!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 7:45 AM

YesYesYes

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 172
Philip Bassham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:01 AM

What if you just made a personal book with the images, and copied and pasted in the subtitles from the YouTube videos?

and put a link to the video on YouTube. That would be a quick and dirty version of it. 

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 9:42 AM

Makes sense, but I do 90%+ of my reading on my phone, so personal books are useless to me.

Posts 1504
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 12:51 PM

Yes

I love these videos.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 1:15 PM

It would be awesome to have The Bible Project (videos and) transcripts in Logos.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 13 2017 5:36 AM

I've been a supporter of TBP for about a year, and I positively love these videos.  They are quick - and beautiful overviews of scripture.  They keep pumping them out as well with themes and so forth.  Great vids and I'd love to have them show up in Logos.  

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 16 2017 4:04 AM

TCBlack:

I've been a supporter of TBP for about a year, and I positively love these videos.  They are quick - and beautiful overviews of scripture.  They keep pumping them out as well with themes and so forth.  Great vids and I'd love to have them show up in Logos.  

My wife and I have been supporting for 18 months or so. We use their videos for our life group, looking at a biblical book each week and discussing in broad strokes - our life group is aimed at the older youth (17-21 year olds), and it's just the best entry level resource I've come across for getting people into biblical theology.

Posts 195
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 5 2018 9:10 PM

It's great to see that many of The Bible Project videos have been added to Faithlife TV: https://faithlifetv.com/categories/bible-project. It would still be great if somehow they could be integrated into Logos Bible Software along with transcripts, perhaps as a Mobile Ed course.

Posts 2289
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 1:49 AM

By the way, the videos on Faithlife TV are free to watch without subscription and without LN membership.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 2:33 AM

Jan Krohn:

By the way, the videos on Faithlife TV are free to watch without subscription and without LN membership.

Thanks for making us aware of that.

Posts 493
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 7 2018 12:17 AM

Daniel Radke:

It's great to see that many of The Bible Project videos have been added to Faithlife TV: https://faithlifetv.com/categories/bible-project. It would still be great if somehow they could be integrated into Logos Bible Software along with transcripts, perhaps as a Mobile Ed course.

Yes This is great!

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 1
Nick Heid | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 10 2018 11:48 AM

Check out The Read Scripture App, everyone. I believe Francis Chan and his ministry created it to work harmoniously with the BP's videos.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS