Tagging or indexing problem...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 472
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:43 AM

Okay, I've got two separate problems coming up today and I don't know if they are related or not.

#1. I am trying to apply some of the concepts from the Verbum Advanced Search Training Videos to some other work and wanted to locate all of the passages in Deuteronomy where the person 'God' is mentioned in conjunction with love. The specific search query I used was this: <Person God> lemma:אהב. This gave me many results, but missed Deut. 7:8. Why did it miss that?

#2. I am doing some work with data types and can't understand why when I use the search query <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1> I am not getting the Heidelberg Catechism itself, in something like Historic Creeds and Confessions. However, if I create personal book with the code [[HeidelbergCatechism:HC Q 1]] then it will link properly to the Heidelberg Catechism question 1 in the above mentioned book.

Any suggestions?

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:12 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
The specific search query I used was this: <Person God> lemma:אהב. This gave me many results, but missed Deut. 7:8. Why did it miss that?

Because the word translated as love in Deut 7:8 is a different word (outlined in red below)

Posts 472
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:29 AM

Of course! Now I feel silly, but that explains the first 'problem'. Thanks!

Any thoughts on the second point?

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:53 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
Any thoughts on the second point?

It's something to do with whether the datatype has been associated with the volume - but I'm afraid I don't understand it well enough to explain what is going on.

I note that a Milestone search does find the appropriate point in HCC

Hopefully someone will be able to explain what is going on - whether it is a tagging omission or something else

Posts 32493
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:09 PM

Covered indirectly in yesterday's TIP

If you search for <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1> you are asking for references to the Catechism.

If you search for {Milestone <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1>} you are asking for instances of the Catechism.

If you want both you need <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1> OR {Milestone <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1>}

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:38 PM

Thanks MJ

Posts 26693
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 15 2016 1:00 PM

Jordan Litchfield:
I am doing some work with data types and can't understand why when I use the search query <HeidelbergCatechism = HC Q 1> I am not getting the Heidelberg Catechism itself

It's like asking why you don't find references like Matt 12:1 using the query <Bible Mt 12:1> when performing a search of a bible. But you will find many references if you perform a Basic search of non-bible resources. The code [[HeidelbergCatechism:HC Q 1]] is a reference to HC Q 1, so if you hover over that in the PB it will show the text from the Heidelberg Catechism itself, similar to hovering over a reference like Matt 12:1 will show the text from your preferred bible.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 472
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2016 8:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the clarifications! I still have a lot to learn about these things.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS