TIP of the day: Addendum on the Book of Concord data type

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 36103
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 16 2016 1:35 PM

The Book of Concord is an interesting puzzle in that it is a composite of several works, some of which also appear independently:

• Preface
  • Three Ecumenical Creeds
  • The Augsburg Confession
  • Apology of the Augsburg Confession
  • The Smalcald Articles
  • Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope
  • The Small Catechism
  • The Large Catechism
  • Formula of Concord

So how do I find all instances or all references to the Book of Concord i.e. the equivalent of running <Gen-Rev> on the Bible?

1. First, generate a search from the first paragraph of the Book of Concord (Preface):

2. Next generate a Search on the last paragraph of the Book of Concord (from Formula of Concord).

3. Now combine the two Searches using the hyphen for the range operator and converting the = to ~.  This gives me all references to the Book of Concord.

4. Now wrap the Search in the {Milestone <reference>} syntax. This gives you all instances of the Book of Concord or portions thereof. (Don't take this too seriously regarding the Three Ecumenical Creeds which occur outside the Lutheran context). This is a complete list of everything that could appear in the Context Menu, Parallel Resources, Preview Popup depending upon your location in the Book of Concord.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS