TIP of the day: Best answers of the week

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33269
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 18 2016 11:55 PM

How can I copy a chart?

JH:

Take a screenshot and paste it into your document?

Doc B:

1. Select the chart in the resource.

2. Go to the resource panel menu and select "Print/Export"

3. In the top right corner of the Print/Export page, find the Print box. Choose "Microsoft Print to PDF". Click Print.

This should give you a reasonable copy that fits the page. (Sending to MS Word will not.)

MJ. Smith:

forum user:
I don't understand why Logos won't let users just click whatever chart or image and let us copy a high resolution photo

Er ... ah.. but I can ... what am I missing? The resolution is dependent upon the resolution of the original image.

Doc B:

There may be some confusion between 'charts' and 'tables'. The item the OP wanted was technically a 'table.' While you can screenshot it and convert it to a photo, to retain the text characteristics, you need to use Send to Word or PDF.

Charts which are photos can be copied, as MJ demonstrates. But you'll need special software to read text in them.

How do I change the Text Comparison default of a verse in all Bibles then next verse in all Bibles to all verses from one Bible followed by all verses in the next Bible?

Mark Barnes:

If I've understood your question correctly, TC has two layouts, vertical and horizontal. You can switch them from the panel menu.

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Logos 7.3 RC 1 work around is Print/Export of verse range:

How can I make my custom highlighter red match the preset highlighter's red?

Dave Hooton:
But you can duplicate the Solid Colors palate and then customise the RED solid color to whatever you want.

How do I change the font size in my resource panels?

Scott E. Mahle:
To change the default for all resources go to Tools, Program Settings, Default Resource Text Size. On a resource by resource basis, with the resource open, click on the book cover and slide the text bar left or right.

Reuben Helmuth:

Click on the Resource menu button (icon of book or tool, etc). The top slider adjusts font size.

How do I change the background color bright white to a light gray?

Scott E. Mahle:
Go to Tools, Program Settings, Resource Panel Background.

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Logos wiki => Night Mode has color options for Windows and OS X.

Light Yellow overcast on Windows 10 affects all bright white in Logos and other applications (by reducing Blue 16 %)

Screen shot intensified Light Yellow overcast effect.

Sepia color => https://rgbcolorcode.com/color/sepia has less blue and green than gray. Light Sepia overcast reduces Green by 8 % and Blue by 16 %

Screen shot intensified Light Sepia overcast effect of NegativeScreen in Windows 10.

How do I tell what downloaded?

MJ. Smith:

You mean this?

Is there a setting that I can change so I can see more than three lexicons for each Greek word in the "Word by Word" section of the Exegetical guide?

Philana R. Crouch:

This is not currently possible, but if you own either of the following this might be a workaround that will work for you:

• Jenni, Ernst, and Claus Westermann. Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1997.
  • Spicq, Ceslas, and James D. Ernest. Theological Lexicon of the New Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 1994.

• Swanson, James. Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Greek (New Testament). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997.

• Swanson, James. Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains : Hebrew (Old Testament). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997.

• Swanson, James. Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains: Aramaic (Old Testament). Oak Harbor: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997.

Each of these resources links to the lemma entry for other lexicons and if they can be prioritized first.

How do I create and use a note template?

Disciple of Christ (doc):

The duplicate function does exist but it is buried a little deeper than this Mike.  To duplicate a note file you need to go to:

https://documents.logos.com/ 

Say for example I have a note file 'template" i have created called Bible Book Study Template:

Now I want to keep that as my template and create a duplicate copy of it each time I start a new bible book study so I go to:

https://documents.logos.com/ 

Filter the list of documents to see only Notes using the green circled drop-down list.  You can also if you wish use the first filter box and type in part of the name of the document.

Click on the document you want to duplicate and on the right hand side of the screen a blue actions drop-down list appears, click on this and choose duplicate from the list of available actions. You will then see a second copy of the document appear in your list of documents.

Switch back to the desktop application and either wait for it to sync or force it to sync and go back to your documents menu and the duplicate of the template will now be listed.  You can open the duplicate copy, rename it and continue with your study, with your template.

How do I get the Lemma in passage section in my Passage Guide?

Mark Barnes:

Lemma in Passage is an Exegetical Guide feature, not a PG feature. . . . If you want to add it, you'll have to edit your Guide template.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9taS_QdRI

Is there currently any way to have any of the New Testament Manuscript Explorer interactive display all manuscripts containing a particular passage?

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

The NT Manuscript Explorer is a manuscript-level view of available manuscript information (as are the LXX Manuscript Explorer and Hebrew Bible Manuscript Explorer). It is about filtering manuscripts at the level of manuscript data (not data on readings). The "Online Manuscripts" section you mention has the page/verse level data for where it is available.

You're correct that the information returned in Online Manuscripts could be retrieved and displayed in a way that better facilitated comparison. I've advocated for this internally, but it hasn't happened yet. At present, I'd recommend following links for a given manuscript to the NTVMR (the webservice from the INTF that serves the manuscript data) and use functionality on that web site to answer the question.

How do I generate a list with the Greek NT and below it a variety of English versions in something of a literal to dynamic order?

Doc B:

One workaround to try is the "merge formatting" paste option in Word.

Run your text comparison. Physically drag over the text you want (select the text) and copy it.

Open Word. Use the 'merge formatting' paste option (screenshot, arrow).

That gives me the verse-at-a-time that I think you are looking for.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS