How will Companion to Catechism function in Verbum?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 130
Chris K | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 22 2016 4:07 AM

Hello, I am excited to see the Companion to the Catechism Collection on Pre-Pub: https://verbum.com/products/52303/companion-to-the-catechism-collection

but I am curious how it will function in Verbum?  Will it be just a standalone book, or will it "enhance? the catechism itself by bringing the resource to all the footnotes?  will it override original sources?

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 9:24 AM

It will be a standalone resource with CCC milestones so that it can be scrolled side-by-side with the Catechism.

Posts 130
Chris K | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2016 1:06 PM

Cool thx

Posts 1
Christopher S. Carney | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2017 10:53 AM

When will it be out for full purchase?

Thanks

Posts 620
Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2017 11:57 AM

Hi Christopher.  Welcome to the forums!  Smile

When I click on the product page link above, it appears that the resource hasn't quite received enough support to make it into the development phase of the process.  What that means is we really don't know when it will be available.  Sad

If you are interested in owning this resource set and have not done so already, I would recommend pre-ordering at the sale price ($9 USD savings).

Posts 23681
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 31 2017 5:33 PM

Chris K:
Will it be just a standalone book, or will it "enhance? the catechism itself by bringing the resource to all the footnotes?

You mean replace the original footnote with the actual quote? I hope not

Chris K:
will it override original sources?

I would hope that this would depend upon one's prioritization.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.