New Issue

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 17
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 28 2016 6:16 AM

I noticed that since the last update whenever I click a Bible link in a Personal Book it brings up a new window, which is not what I want.  The 'send links here' is checked in my Bible and both resources are linked with 'A'.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for any help.

Ok, I see where the problem is.  If I wait for the popup to display the reference and then click, it works, however, if I click on the link immediately after hovering over the link it brings up another window.  So, I guess I will have to find where I can try turning off the popup's.

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 28 2016 7:07 AM

Rick Ross:
I noticed that since the last update whenever I click a Bible link in a Personal Book it brings up a new window, which is not what I want.  The 'send links here' is checked in my Bible and both resources are linked with 'A'.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks for any help.

What I do is that I disconnect the linkset between my target Bible and the Bible I'm using for study. It's also necessary to keep that target Bible your preferred Bible (if not, it will go to the reference in your preferred Bible, whether you want it to or not).

Rick Ross:
Ok, I see where the problem is.  If I wait for the popup to display the reference and then click, it works, however, if I click on the link immediately after hovering over the link it brings up another window.  So, I guess I will have to find where I can try turning off the popup's.

I think you're seeing the difference between a link to a text displayed explicitly in the body of the text you're reading, and a reference displayed in a footnote. Hovering first over an explicit reference and then clicking will still open the reference in my target Bible (regardless of my patience in waiting for the pop up to show).

If that's not the case, then you're seeing behavior I'm not seeing. Could this be a Mac, vs Windows issue (I'm on Windows)?

I'm not sure you can (or would want to) turn off the pop ups. The pop ups would give you the reference, or first part of the reference, which then lets you decide whether you want to read the rest of it. More importantly, if the verses are listed in a footnote, the pop up would show you a list of verses. Clicking on the the footnote would then "hold" the verses in place and you could hover or click on them to find the most relevant verse to open your target Bible to (in the case of a reference to parallels in the Synoptics, e.g.).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 17
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 29 2016 6:19 AM

I am using a Mac, and the Reading Plan I created from docx format have the links.  I unlinked the preferred Bible, but, it still gives me fits, so, maybe it is a problem with the copy and pasting into the Word file from the original PDF.  My other reading plan which was working fine, that I created from scratch has the same problem.  I can make it work.  Just a little annoying.  Thanks, Rich.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS