Print/Export with Logos 7 running Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Edward Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:30 AM

I am trying to print/export from Sermon Editor and Notes and Logos crashes and prompts me to close the program. However, if I disconnect and work off-line it seems to work some of the times. I've tried to straight print it to a printer, PDF, and MS Word... it all crashes at the same point.

It can be a little annoying to have to disconnect and work off-line just get my notes out.

I'm new to Logos, almost a 1 yr user. Started with Logos 6 and upgraded to 7 when it was released.

Thanks

Posts 21731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:44 AM

Hi Edward - and welcome to the forums

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Edward Thomas:
it all crashes at the same point.

At what point does it crash?

It sounds to me as though it might be related to an interaction between Logos and your printer (which presumably won't be there when you're offline)

What printer are you using and what type of connection to it do you have?

In addition to the above, to help us track this down it would be good to see some logs.

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs in a reply to this thread (using the paperclip icon) after a crash. Details at https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem 

Graham

Posts 4
Edward Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 7:04 AM

Here is the file:

2816.Logos Crash File.zip

I click the tab at the upper left, where the print/export function is housed. It will pop up with the window for Print/Export, but it remains blank and the mouse busy icon spins for a sec or two and then the windows "stop responding" pops up, gather info, then all I'm left to do is Close Program.

My printer (Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4630) is connected direct to my PC with USB.

Posts 21731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 7:08 AM

Edward Thomas:
Here is the file:

There's no indication of a crash in this file - did you upload the file after a crash and before starting Logos again?

Posts 4
Edward Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 7:23 AM

You right, that one does not show it. Looking at the file, it looks like it crashed after the last recorded item. I don't know why its not there. I followed the steps that you had sent.

I have another file that does show the application crash, but it was not recorded as per the steps, it was just a regular startup (towards the very bottom of the file):

1184.LogosError.zip

Posts 21731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 9:40 AM

Edward Thomas:
You right, that one does not show it. Looking at the file, it looks like it crashed after the last recorded item. I don't know why its not there

Sometimes the crash occurs before Logos has had the chance to write a log. In such cases the Windows Event Viewer may have useful information.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/124126.aspx shows how to look for Logos events in the Viewer. Please have a look for any at the time of the crash.

Edward Thomas:
I have another file that does show the application crash, but it was not recorded as per the steps

That looks related to a different problem (that I haven't seen before) related to Reading Plans.

Posts 4
Edward Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:26 PM

Logos seems to crash all the time when trying to Print/Export anything.

I wanted it to print a list of a reading plan and it crashed... I have compiled notes, it crashes...

Here is the Event View file:

1346.Event Viewer Log.txt

Thank you looking into this... I guess I may wait and call tech support after the Holidays.

Posts 21731
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:25 PM

Edward Thomas:
I guess I may wait and call tech support after the Holidays.

Someone from Faithlife may see this and comment.

If you do contact Tech Support please provide them the details from the Event Viewer

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS