Question Regarding Highlighting and Filters

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 807
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:48 PM

Okay, so I reported that this happened back in September but it never got resolved for me so I had to do my own fixes.  A couple of wonky things happened to me all at once. (I already reported all of these but this info might be important).

First, every single book of mine became prioritized.  I didn't do it, but somehow every book showed up in my prioritize list and since you can't dump them in groups, I sat for a couple of hours and deleted them one by one.

At the same time, all my collections disappeared.  I went back in to my files and had to add them again one by one.

Now the last few months of my life have been hectic (final paper due for class, mom with cancer, pipes in house collapsed so I had to move out (I'm still out), and daughter gets married this month...oh, and holidays...and life).  So, because of all that, I haven't been too active on my Logos.

Well, I noticed today that something strange has happened where some of my palettes are gone, some are added, and some don't show up in the pull down menu as an option for a filter, even though they are listed under the highlighting palettes.  So, I know it had an overhaul and I'm wondering if I'm just not understanding what happened.

When I have palettes in my highlights that I CREATED, shouldn't they show up as an option in the "highlights" or "visual filters" pull down menu in my Bible?

Also, what does it do if something is saved in a "palette-specific note file."

Also, can someone tell me the difference in accessing my highlighting pallets versus them showing up in visual filters.  I think the lines are blurry there for me.

Thanks for your help, and Happy New Year.

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 9:02 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

When I have palettes in my highlights that I CREATED, shouldn't they show up as an option in the "highlights" or "visual filters" pull down menu in my Bible?

Also, what does it do if something is saved in a "palette-specific note file."

Note documents with highlights you have manually done should appear in "Notes and Highlights" in visual filter menu.

Saving in a palette-specific Note file causes highlights to be placed in a Note file that has the same name as the Highlighting Palette.

Cynthia in Florida:
Also, can someone tell me the difference in accessing my highlighting pallets versus them showing up in visual filters.  I think the lines are blurry there for me.

Logos wiki => Extended Tips for Highlighting and Visual Filters may be helpful; please advise if still puzzled or have more questions.

Cynthia in Florida:
Now the last few months of my life have been hectic (final paper due for class, mom with cancer, pipes in house collapsed so I had to move out (I'm still out), and daughter gets married this month...oh, and holidays...and life).  So, because of all that, I haven't been too active on my Logos.

Praying God's Grace and Peace for you and your family.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 807
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 10:07 AM

Thanks for your response and prayers!

The lines are still a little blurry for me, but I'll figure it out.

What I don't understand is, what is the benefit or use of the palette-specific note file?  For instance, on what occasions would I want to do that?

Cynthia

Posts 13213
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 10:38 AM

Cynthia in Florida:
What I don't understand is, what is the benefit or use of the palette-specific note file?  For instance, on what occasions would I want to do that?

You could, for example, create a palette-specific note file called "Sermon Illustrations". Then you could create highlights in that palette for various themes. If you did that, highlights from various books would appear in the same place for easy reference. Students could do something similar for research projects.

Personally, I prefer resource-specific files, but it depends how you study and what you want to achieve.

Posts 807
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2017 4:48 PM

Mark Barnes:

Cynthia in Florida:

You could, for example, create a palette-specific note file called "Sermon Illustrations". Then you could create highlights in that palette for various themes. If you did that, highlights from various books would appear in the same place for easy reference. Students could do something similar for research projects.

Personally, I prefer resource-specific files, but it depends how you study and what you want to achieve.

Hello Mark and Happy New Year!

Thanks.  I understand now.  Doesn't sound like something I would use, but who knows! :)

Cynthia

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS