Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 35796
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 9 2017 5:13 PM

Under documents it would be much easier to identify unavailable features if the name and the icon were grayed out. I'm seeing only the icon grayed out.

Under guides I would like to see sections that cannot have results (Sermons, Personal letters, Journal ...) grayed out. I find it confusing that items such as Ancient Literature, Systematic Theology ... simply do not appear rather than showing as unavailable.

I'd prefer a setting rather than a command (or in addition to) for turning visibility of unavailable features on and off - that makes it visible for debugging in the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 5:40 PM

Yes

Thanks for posting these suggestions, MJ!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 3053
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 9 2017 8:13 PM

MJ. Smith:

Under documents it would be much easier to identify unavailable features if the name and the icon were grayed out. I'm seeing only the icon grayed out.

We considered this, but it made the document/tool look too much like it was disabled, which would tend to discourage people from clicking on it, which means they wouldn't be able to learn about the feature. We also considered a "lock" icon, but this looked too obnoxiously negative.

MJ. Smith:

Under guides I would like to see sections that cannot have results (Sermons, Personal letters, Journal ...) grayed out. I find it confusing that items such as Ancient Literature, Systematic Theology ... simply do not appear rather than showing as unavailable.

This will hopefully be available in next week's beta.

MJ. Smith:

I'd prefer a setting rather than a command (or in addition to) for turning visibility of unavailable features on and off - that makes it visible for debugging in the forums.

I'll pass this along.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS