Why does Factbook take so long to open?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2375
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 14 2017 9:52 AM

Whenever I open up factbook it opens up to what I last looked up.  I have to wait for it to continue opening everything up and then I can type in the new item I want to look up and wait for the new results.  This takes a long time.  Is there a way to shorten this?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 12:13 PM

Concur with thread => As designed bug wastes my time and my machine resources as the current Factbook implementation provides reason to avoid use due to automatic repeat search of previous item. Dreaming of Factbook opening with previous item shown, but wait for me to click arrow to repeat search OR enter different item.

Work around is creating a Favorite for a relatively "quick" Factbook search (with no sections): e.g. https://ref.ly/logos4/Factbook;ref=bio.aaronsams

Favorite for Factbook can be dragged to create a shortcut so can click shortcut then wait for relatively "quick" search to complete: e.g. 10 seconds.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 55
Anne H | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 12:25 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Work around is creating a Favorite for a relatively "quick" Factbook search (with no sections): e.g. https://ref.ly/logos4/Factbook;ref=bio.aaronsams

Favorite for Factbook can be dragged to create a shortcut so can click shortcut then wait for relatively "quick" search to complete: e.g. 10 seconds.

Keep Smiling Smile

Thanks for the work around KS4 Jesus! It is much quicker now. :)

Posts 2375
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 12:31 PM

Thanks.  Works great.

Posts 2375
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 12:36 PM

It would be great if there was a way to open a blank Factbook.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 3:19 PM

Ronald Quick:

+1 Yes

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 4:20 PM

If I am in a hurry I just run a search through a collection of Bible dictionaries and encyclopedias. Not only is it faster, but I get hits in a lot of resources that still have not been tagged to work with Factbook.

Posts 449
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2017 6:36 PM

Ronald Quick:

I also agree ! 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS