Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 15 2017 4:32 AM

Good morning. I ran into a little problem yesterday when completing our presentation for today. I noticed that the Graceway Media was not showing any of the latest videos that Graceway has released in the last 6-12 months (this is an ongoing problem with Proclaim). So I downloaded the 720p MOV files that I wanted to use (I use a Mac at home). I imported them as a background, selected "Loop" and uploaded them on my Mac. I then remotely connected to our Sanctuary computer (a Windows machine) and noticed that the background downloaded fine for the first song in which that background was chosen. However, on the other 3 or 4 songs it was selected it, it would never show up and in the sync menu, it kept spinning and said "Transcribing video." I left it for close to an hour and came back to the same issue. I ended up closing Proclaim and restarting 3 or 4 times to no avail. I then opened Proclaim on my Mac at home and ended up changing the background to something already available in Graceway's media from within the Media browser and that fixed the problem. 

So, my question is: are you ever going to fix the importing of fresh content from Graceway (something I've asked 3 or 4 times before)? If not (which is not a problem, just an inconvenience) how do I avoid the issue of the "transcribing video"? Should I download as a 720p MPEG video instead on my Mac and upload it to avoid transcription?

Thanks for your help!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 15 2017 8:42 AM

Trying the MPEG format is a good idea. I'm not entirely certain without testing myself but I believe this will avoid the transcode step on both platforms. 

As for the missing recent content, when Graceway updated their site (nearly a year ago now?) the API integration points we were relying on to automatically update the content stopped working. We're working with them to get this updated but progress has been slow as both organizations have competing priorities. Both Proclaim and Graceway are committed to making this work in the future but I don't have a concrete ETD at this time.

I really appreciate your patience on this issue, I know you have been waiting a long time for this. 

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2017 4:42 AM

Scott,

Downloading the MPEG version instead of the MOV version worked fine. It was a little less convenient than having the direct import from Graceway within Proclaim but it will work until you all have an opportunity to fix the API import. Thanks for your help in this. I know you all work very hard on having one of the best presentation programs out there. I appreciate your attention to detail.

Have a wonderful day! - Josh

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 4:13 PM

Scott, I e-mailed Graceway today and they told me they had sent the updated API stuff to your development team. I believe they are also going to reach out to your devs again to see if they can help with anything. Any word on how much longer we will have to wait to make the Graceway media work through Proclaim again? 

Thanks so much!

Posts 628
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 28 2017 4:27 PM

Sorry Josh for the long wait. We have been juggling many priorities recently, and the Graceway importer is towards the top of the list! I don’t think it should be too much longer.

Thanks for your patience thus far.

Jordan Sjodin

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS