Your recommendation of a respected English-Greek Septuagint resource?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Scott Weber | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 18 2017 9:15 AM

Just want a good reputable and searchable text including Greek and English translations 

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2017 9:54 AM

Scott Weber:

Just want a good reputable and searchable text including Greek and English translations 

English: Within Logos, it's best to get the Lexham English Septuagint. The only other English option is Brenton, which is dated and doesn't have a reverse interlinear available. Outside Logos, NETS has a good reputation: http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/nets/edition/ 

Greek: Within Logos, it's best to use Septuagint with Logos Morphology because it has a Hebrew reverse-interlinear. Gottingen Septuagint is the preferred academic edition (because of its critical apparatus). It's available in Logos, but it's very expensive, incomplete, and doesn't have the reverse interlinear. Unless you know you need Gottingen, Logos' edition will be better for you.

Greek-English interlinear: Although the LES has a reverse-interlinear, you may also want a normal interlinear. If so, there are two editions: Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint (which uses Rahlf's text), and a cheaper alternative which uses Swete's text. Rahlf's is a better text, but if you already have Swete, you're probably fine with that.

Posts 34
Scott Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 5:22 AM

Thanks Mark!

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2017 5:41 AM

Mark Barnes:

Interesting. From what I can tell (though I may be missing it), there is absolutely nowhere in this resource that indicates it uses Rahlfs' text. Rahlfs is not mentioned anywhere in the information panel, and searching the resource itself for his name returns zero hits. The only place I can find this documented anywhere is on the website's product page.

https://www.logos.com/product/3613/lexham-greek-english-interlinear-septuagint

This would be good information for Faithlife to include somewhere in the resource itself!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS