Please Add Missing Preface and Translators' Notes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 22 2017 5:42 PM

Now that the English Bible Collection has shipped, is there any chance we can go back and add the missing preface and notes to the 1901 American Standard Version? This Bible has been available in Logos for years, but it has always been an incomplete product. Anyone else interested in seeing this resource receive some love from Faithlife?

EDIT: Per here it seems there are actually TWO prefaces missing, one before the Old Testament and one before the New Testament. An appendix is also missing.

Posts 1001
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 3:24 PM

I've seen this post and am looking into getting the prefatory material added.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2017 10:22 PM

Matthew:
EDIT: Per here it seems there are actually TWO prefaces missing, one before the Old Testament and one before the New Testament. An appendix is also missing.

Thread => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s has Personal Book Bible with three prefaces:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 24 2017 5:52 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kyle, glad to hear it! Especially now that Logos has the ability to embed hyperlinks in references, I am looking forward to being able to cite the preface from the "official" Logos edition rather than from some random online Bible.

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Thread => American Standard Version 1901 - Personal Bible without Chapter and Verse #'s has Personal Book Bible with three prefaces:

Keep Smiling, I downloaded the latest version of the .docx file in the thread you linked and made a personal book out of it. It appears that even this version is still missing the translators' marginal notes that provide textual information and alternate renderings of the Greek and Hebrew. Do you know of any other user-created editions that might contain these? I would imagine that for Faithlife to add the missing material to their version would require much more effort (money) than merely adding the preface.

Kyle, for what it is worth, I would be willing to pay a small upgrade fee to get a "complete" version of the ASV in Logos that includes the marginal notes (and preferably cross-references) similar to what was included in its recently released predecessor/counterpart.

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 21 2018 5:54 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kyle, don't know if you are still tracking this thread or not, but if so are you able to provide any information about whether this is still on Faithlife's radar? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS