Media facility

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2017 9:52 PM

Hi Gang

I am using a PC with Win10, & Logos 7, but seem to be having problems with using media resources - particularly when it comes to putting items in powerpoint presentations - which I have not experienced in days gone by with Logo 4, 5, & 6

Firstly the media format seems to default to 16:9 scale, and I have to change it every time to the 4:3 scale.  I do not recall this was a problem with previous iterations of Logos.  My recollection was that once I made a choice it would stay that way.  But at the moment it seems to really be keen on 16:9!  I can't seem to find how to customise my user settings on this

The other problem I am having is printing of a first slide in the set.  So I am preaching from Ephesians, I pull up media Collections, and selected the first "Ephesians" slide, but it keeps on transferring the second slide "Theme" across to powerpoint.  If I mark and "copy" the first slide, the second "Theme" slide paste's itself.  I never had this problem before!

the perennial problem of slowness in processing remains in Logos 7!  Ahh well!  I am content to plan other tasks while I wait for it!

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Pete

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 1:18 AM

Peter Junor:
The other problem I am having is printing of a first slide in the set.  So I am preaching from Ephesians, I pull up media Collections, and selected the first "Ephesians" slide, but it keeps on transferring the second slide "Theme" across to powerpoint.  If I mark and "copy" the first slide, the second "Theme" slide paste's itself.  I never had this problem before!

I can't reproduce this - exactly which version of Logos 7 are you running? (I am using the beta version of 7.4)

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:26 AM

thanks for responding so quickly Graham

I am using the latest regular version 7.3.0.0062

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 2:50 AM

Peter Junor:
I am using the latest regular version 7.3.0.0062

I can't reproduce it in that version either

Are you using the menu option (outlined in blue below) or right-clicking on the slide (outlined in red below)?

Both work as expected for me but thought it worth checking which you were doing.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 6:02 PM

I have been using the blue box - I actually wasn't aware of the right click thing - so thanks for that!

Now here is something interesting...

when I booted up the layout I had been using this morning, I used the "send to" button at the top - & worked correctly the first time (again in the 16:9 format) then it worked again when I adjusted it to 4:3 using 'right click, ...but from then on continues to behave as previously described.

In fact now, whatever slide I nominate, it seems to transfer randomly any other slide, except the one marked.  and Right click will no longer appear

Makes me think it is some glitch in my software???

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 1:48 AM

I have just found an earlier Forum post on this very issue, ...replies were shared by a number of other users experiencing the same issue

...but before anyone gets too excited, this post seems to remain unresolved as well, no conclusive solution was proposed, except a rather obtuse remark about "display problem" 

see:-

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/131569.aspx

I am gunna try and email logos bugs and see if I get any joy there

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 10:16 PM

Peter Junor:
I have just found an earlier Forum post on this very issue, ...replies were shared by a number of other users experiencing the same issue

Well done for finding that threadSmile

It - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/131569/877312.aspx#877312 - suggests that Logos 7.4 will handle this better. This should be available to the stable channel next week so worth seeing if the problem persists after that.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 10:35 PM

hmmm, it doesn't make sense to me

I know that in Logos 6 the problem never arose - things worked fine first (& every) time.

the talk on the thread regarding ISP speeds, sounds rather like grasping at straws when it worked ok previously.

Anyhow, Thanks for your time.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 11 2017 12:57 AM

Uploaded 7.4, as it issued

Sadly, we are still in the same situation - the program worked the first time, but thereafter it went all wrong.  Right click stopped working.  It would not transfer the correct media frame, but one (apparently) randomly

However something new did occur with 7.4 - now occurring in Media - Bible backgrounds, it only displays the first two slides - the remainder of the slides will not come up - though the scroll bar at the side suggests they are there but are not making it to the screen

An eighth of a step forward, and four steps backward!

I did email "logosbugs", (and I got the automatic confirmation of receipt of my email) but I have not heard anything from them since, and that was 4 February.

ahhh well

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS