Another extended full feature set, really?

Page 2 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 95 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 1:21 PM

PetahChristian:

Heads up that the discount on this set has increased. If you were on the fence, you may find that it is a much better deal now.

If FL hadn't put this package together, I'd still have several resources on my wish list that I wouldn't own now. Thanks, FL!

FL must love toying with my emotions! Now that the discount went deeper I went ahead and bought the "Extended Feature Set." It added 31 "new" resources though only 22 show on my mobile device. I guess the other 9 are data sets that won't show as actual resources.

phew! 馃槵

DAL

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 3:08 PM

With the increased discount my price only dropped $5.07. Better than nothing, I suppose. Still not buying at $153.04, or at least until some of the questions on this thread get answered.

Posts 2054
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 3:19 PM

You will buy.  Everyone will buy.  When people discover a red X on their about page--they will buy.

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 3:58 PM

I think the discourse datasets are the real pulls. I have most everything else. I've been trying to get through the month mostly without purchasing anything. My resistance is slipping Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5013
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 5:27 PM

The red x is gone with the latest update - but it remains the same: resistance is futile Devil

Gao Lu:

You will buy.  Everyone will buy.  When people discover a red X on their about page--they will buy.

Posts 503
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 28 2017 11:12 PM

Scot Wright:

I have been a Logos User since 1992 and speaking for myself I have never been more confused about pricing and product. It just isn't clear to me what I'm getting and what the value is. I'm slow on the uptake anyways but I'm getting lost in all this. What does 2.0 mean anyway? Where do find out what that means? Like Denise, I'm very hesitant to purchase or be interested in items that seem to not make any sense. 

I have been a user since about 1995 and I agree with Scot. I am confused. I bought the full feature set a few months ago, o no wait, I bought the almost full feature set since I could not have some features (like the Bible Browser which was only for Logos Now users). Now I discover that my Almost Full Feature Set was actually a semi-full feature set and I have to pay more to get the real full feature set.  Ironically I cannot see any tools or features that is new or weren't already available when I bought my semi-full feature set a few months ago. Why did Logos call it the Full Feature set to begin with?

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:37 AM

Sarel Slabbert:
I am confused. I bought the full feature set a few months ago, o no wait, I bought the almost full feature set since I could not have some features (like the Bible Browser which was only for Logos Now users). Now I discover that my Almost Full Feature Set was actually a semi-full feature set and I have to pay more to get the real full feature set.

The product page for the Logos 7 Full Feature Set says, "This collection of Bible study tools, resources, and media includes every feature of Logos 7."

The Bible Browser Tool is a now officially listed as a feature by the Logos 7 Extended Feature Set.

So... if "every feature of Logos 7" is included in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, and the Bible Browser Tool is a feature of Logos 7, then come Monday Faithlife will be giving me the Bible Browser Tool for free since I already bought the Logos 7 Full Feature Set? Big Smile

All (semi-)joking aside, the messaging had previously been that things such as the Bible Browser Tool and Lexham Discourse Datasets were not included in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set because they were not part of Logos 7 and were exclusive to Logos Now. I seem to recall many people on the forums buying Logos Now specifically for these "exclusives." We will probably have to wait until Monday to hear how Faithlife chooses to address the situation.

Posts 503
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 5:06 AM

Matthew:

The Bible Browser Tool is a now officially listed as a feature by the Logos 7 Extended Feature Set.

So... if "every feature of Logos 7" is included in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, and the Bible Browser Tool is a feature of Logos 7, then come Monday Faithlife will be giving me the Bible Browser Tool for free since I already bought the Logos 7 Full Feature Set? Big Smile

All (semi-)joking aside, the messaging had previously been that things such as the Bible Browser Tool and Lexham Discourse Datasets were not included in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set because they were not part of Logos 7 and were exclusive to Logos Now. I seem to recall many people on the forums buying Logos Now specifically for these "exclusives." We will probably have to wait until Monday to hear how Faithlife chooses to address the situation.

Yes, I was a bit unhappy about the way Logos handled the situation previously.But I cannot see how FaithLife will add this for those who bought the full feature set. O well, at least I own a semi-full feature set Stick out tongue

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 6:03 AM

Gao Lu:

After reading the above

I discovered three red x's on my about page and yet I own a feature set. Sad

讞址驻职旨砖讉讜旨 讘址旨转旨讜止专指讛 讛值讬讟值讘 讜职讗址诇 转执旨住职转址旨诪职旨讻讜旨 注址诇 讚职旨讘指专址讬

Posts 503
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 6:05 AM

BKMitchell:

Gao Lu:

After reading the above

I discovered three red x's on my about page and yet I own a feature set. Sad

I have a very proud green dot next to my "FULL Feature Set"

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 3:20 PM

Uplate on my previous comment - an additional discount is now showing up for both the extended feature set and base packages as long as I put them in my cart together. Also, it appears Faithlife swapped out which version of the Westcott-Hort and Scrivener texts are included (the "2.0" version is gone). That probably accounts for the additional discount some of us noticed yesterday, as the versions now included are probably what many of us already own. We cannot always see them, hear them, or sense them, but Faithlife's employees are definitely among us, silently reading this thread and making changes behind the scenes... 

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:08 PM

And I just paid an additional $1.94 to have the Christian Holman Reversed interlinear which I already had. But to make sure no tricks will be played later and I'll miss out on it, I just paid for it. It's just almost 2 bucks anyway. Got me the Verbum Bronze upgrade too. 

DAL

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:24 PM

Sarel Slabbert:

I have a very proud green dot next to my "FULL Feature Set"

Using Phil's logic, your green dot is not long for this world .... how else would you know your full set was un-fulled, and no longer acceptable?

Posts 10177
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:32 PM

Matthew:

... but Faithlife's employees are definitely among us, silently reading this thread and making changes behind the scenes... 

I guess Westcott is worth $2.50 in the 21st century. And another $2.50 for Shriveners. My price dropped $5.

It reminds me of a darkened used book store where yesterday's hopes are today's dust (price-wise). 

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 4:57 PM

I grabbed it for $69. The extra resources and discourse datasets were worth owning. 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 6:25 PM

Matthew:

Sarel Slabbert:
I am confused. I bought the full feature set a few months ago, o no wait, I bought the almost full feature set since I could not have some features (like the Bible Browser which was only for Logos Now users). Now I discover that my Almost Full Feature Set was actually a semi-full feature set and I have to pay more to get the real full feature set.

The product page for the Logos 7 Full Feature Set says, "This collection of Bible study tools, resources, and media includes every feature of Logos 7."

Thanks Matthew for pointing this out!

Logos continues nurturing their tarnished image with dishonest sales tactics. Thousands of people purchased the "full feature set" that included "every fearure of Logos 7." The new extended feature set is bloated with outdated, library cluttering, public domain books. Logos uses this tactic to generate value to an upgrade that only includes (for me) the addition of three data sets and the Bible browser tool.

I also noticed two books that I already own under "new to you." They are the Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible: Glossary and the Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible: Introduction. 

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 6:55 PM

Into Grace:
I also noticed two books that I already own under "new to you." They are the Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible: Glossary and the Lexham Discourse Hebrew Bible: Introduction. 

Are you sure that you own them? I have them, presumably from Logos Now... but they are "temporary" licenses and I don't own them. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 640
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 7:11 PM

alabama24:

Into Grace:

Are you sure that you own them? I have them, presumably from Logos Now... but they are "temporary" licenses and I don't own them. 

Good point, Alabama 馃槉. I have them in the Logos IOS app (have not checked my desktop). It's possible I don't own them because I have Logos Now.

Posts 592
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 7:48 PM

So if this non-Now-not-a-subscriber upgrades to Silver 7 or Platinum 7, what "full feature" data set do I get? A "regular" set, "full" set, or "extended" set?

I am thoroughly confused...

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 29 2017 8:02 PM

Ted Weis:

So if this non-Now-not-a-subscriber upgrades to Silver 7 or Platinum 7, what "full feature" data set do I get? A "regular" set, "full" set, or "extended" set?

I am thoroughly confused...

You get the Full Feature Set as part of those base packages. You can confirm that by putting any of those base packages in your cart. You'd see the library as one cart item, and the full feature set as the second cart item.

The Extended Feature Set is not a part of any base package.

Page 2 of 5 (96 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS