No results in passage guide for Journal

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Joe Petrone | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 4 2017 8:50 AM

I am not sure what happened but up to two weeks ago, i was getting journal results (Journal of Biblical Counseling) when i did a passage guide search. For example, i search for Phil 4 or 1 timothy 5, and i now get no results.  Before i use to get a number of results.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Joe

Posts 9834
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 9:32 AM

Joe, is there any possibility that journals has been deselected and you just need to select it now? See screenshot below. Mine is working fine.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9
Joe Petrone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 10:23 AM

Bruce

it is selected. that is the strange thing. no changes made as you say. see attached

Posts 9834
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 4:32 PM

Is it possible that you don't have any journals with articles on those passages?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9
Joe Petrone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2017 5:58 PM

no as search results came up for these passage before

Journal of Biblical Counseling has articles around Phil 4 and 1 Tim 5:8 because they came up 3 weeks ago.

Posts 9834
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 4:39 AM

What journals or journal bundle do you own? I have the master bundle but unfortunately the Journal of Biblical Counseling is not including in it and I don't own it. This is all the results I get for Phil 4.

And this is what I get for 1 Tim 5:8

Posts 9834
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 4:41 AM

Just after I posted I thought of another thing you can try. Do the same searches I did above not using the Passage Guide directly and see what results you get. Here is the search

{Label Journal Article WHERE References ~ <Bible 1 Tim 5:8>}

What does this search get you?

Posts 25986
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 5:15 AM

Joe Petrone:
Journal of Biblical Counseling has articles around Phil 4 and 1 Tim 5:8 because they came up 3 weeks ago.

I've just checked in the Journal of Biblical Counselling and - even though there are references to it in the articles - there aren't any articles which have milestones which refer to it.

That is why nothing is appearing in the Passage Guide but I can't explain why they were appearing three weeks ago.

Posts 9
Joe Petrone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 5 2017 6:01 AM

Not sure why either- i recall specifically an article i found when doing passage guide on 1 timothy 5:8 that said dont buy life insurance. Very well could be mixing things up with general search and passage guide. thank you both!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS