Any chance for an all access subscription?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 17
Titus Wesley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:31 PM

I wonder if it might ever work for Logos to give access to the complete library to users who pay a large monthly fee. I'd personally be willing to pay around $100/month for such a subscription.

I wonder if this would simplify things a bit. I think a lot of churches would consider paying this kind of fee as a regular expense for their pastors.

One of the reasons Logos has such a strange price structure, to me, is that you pay monthly but you spend more to get books for the library. Kind of like if you had to pay for netflix monthly then buy the movies on top of the subscription fee.

All of the movie and music services have gone to monthly streaming subscriptions, and Amazon is even playing with this model, and I think it might make sense for Logos books as well.

I'm sure this has been discussed, is it a possibility?

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:53 PM

The top Logos Cloud tier is $50/month for access to 2000+ books.

Edit: There also is a special $100/month tier containing about 4800 books, but I'm not sure how you sign up for that. 

Since the store sells over 20,000 resources -- I've seen one library screenshot from a Logos employee at 32,000 -- I'm not sure that FL could afford to give access to the complete library for $100/month.

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 7:06 PM

PetahChristian:
Since the store sells over 20,000 resources

I seem to recall Bob posting that Faithlife actually has 100,000 books in its catalogue these days. I can't even wrap my head around a library that size. There would need to be massive amounts of additional tagging done to integrate a library that size enough to properly leverage it.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 6 2017 7:31 PM

I never considered the other stores. Perhaps that includes Vyrso, Noet, etc.?

It takes a few minutes to build the TDI at 99% for a typical library. Assuming a complete library 20 times that size, that would be an hour to rebuild the TDI, anytime an update occurs.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2017 5:42 PM

Our license agreements probably won't allow an 'all access' subscription for books any time soon, but we are working to offer more Logos Cloud configurations with more content.

We do off an all-access model for Faithlife TV and Logos Mobile Ed: https://churchdeal.faithlifesites.com/

This is an amazing deal that I'd encourage you to take advantage of...

-- Bob

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS