Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 10 2017 2:39 AM

Please block this

Posts 1327
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:22 AM

Sascha John:

Please block this

Yes, and others.

As a simple precaution against this garbage, your forum should have a limit as to how many threads a user may start in a given period of time. I doubt that most genuine users would have a need to start a new thread more frequently than, say, every 5 minutes. But such a filter would certainly greatly reduce the sort of spam the forum is suffering from right now.

And I'm sorry if this is harsh, FaithLife, but for an internet-based company, your forum software is extremely primitive and outdated.

Posts 3130
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:34 AM

Sean:

As a simple precaution against this garbage, your forum should have a limit as to how many threads a user may start in a given period of time. I doubt that most genuine users would have a need to start a new thread more frequently than, say, every 5 minutes. But such a filter would certainly greatly reduce the sort of spam the forum is suffering from right now.

And I'm sorry if this is harsh, FaithLife, but for an internet-based company, your forum software is extremely primitive and outdated.

IN FAVOR. This is absolutely ridiculous! 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 3130
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:46 AM

I'm no tech savant, but I think FL should shut the server down and clean up this mess!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.4

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:53 AM

Now they are gone. They give a way to report them and deal with them quite nicely.

Posts 1327
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:58 AM

SteveHD:

Now they are gone. They give a way to report them and deal with them quite nicely.

They can be reported, but really the forum should filter out mass attacks like that automatically. Most that have been designed in the last decade or so do. Seriously, put a cap on new threads. A new user can start a maximum of 5 (or whatever) threads a day until they accumulate like a 100 posts or 30 days have gone by. Some simple rule like that won't harm any real user/customer.

Also, this attack and the other one I noticed both occurred in the earlier morning hours (Bellingham time). Probably few FL staff are online at that time to deal with--but again, they shouldn't have to.

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 6:00 PM

Sean:

SteveHD:

They can be reported, but really the forum should filter out mass attacks like that automatically. Most that have been designed in the last decade or so do. Seriously, put a cap on new threads. A new user can start a maximum of 5 (or whatever) threads a day until they accumulate like a 100 posts or 30 days have gone by. Some simple rule like that won't harm any real user/customer.

Also, this attack and the other one I noticed both occurred in the earlier morning hours (Bellingham time). Probably few FL staff are online at that time to deal with--but again, they shouldn't have to.

Even the best forum software can not 100% eliminate spammers or filter out spam.  That's what moderators are for.  Report the spam and leave it up to them to remove it.  The Faithlife forum is many times better than most other forums when it comes to spam and frivolous posting. Some forums use IP address filtering -  that is filtering out certain IP addresses from known spam originators. But even at that, a determined spammer will occasionally get through.  Super Angry  

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS