Still crashing on MacBook when video is used

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 11 2017 2:59 PM

I have reported this on several threads over several months, but it is still occurring. I believe Jordan and Glenn have worked on this, but I haven't heard anything in 3 or 4 weeks.

Any time I use video elements, the program crashes on my MacBook at some point after going on-air. I typically use Airplay with an Apple TV connected to the projector. I originally thought the crash only occurred when using AirPlay, but later discovered that it would also crash when wired to the projector with a VGA cable. However it might take longer to crash when connected via VGA cable. In any case, the speed at which the crash occurs depends on the number of video elements I try to use. I typically test it by placing from 1 to 15 video elements in the pre-service loop and going on-air. In past testing with 10 or 15 video elements in the pre-service loop, Proclaim would crash with 5 or 10 minutes. For today's test I added a single 1:38 video to the pre-service loop. This time the presentation ran through the pre-service loop for several hours before finally crashing. I can avoid using an excess of video elements, and can actually live with this time-between-crashing, but still believe the condition causing the crash should be fixed.

The usual logs are attached.

6443.2017-02-11 Proclaim Logs.zip

7002.Apple-Proclaim Crash.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 10:25 AM

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry this problem continues for you. Is there a presentation still in your past presentations that would be a good example that causes Proclaim to crash? If there is, what is the name of that presentation?

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:11 PM

Tommy,

Try "2017-02-05 Sunday". I modified it to crash for you.

Thanks for the reply. But as I said, I have tested this numerous times, but then remove all of the offending elements prior to going live on Sunday's. So I don't have anything saved. However, I modified this presentation from several weeks ago by adding a bunch of the ProMedia VOTD videos and some other elements added to the pre-service loop. This one only took about 15 minutes to crash on my MacBook.

Please notice that I have also inserted some additional non-video ProMedia elements in between the VOTD videos. I have found that the crash seems to occur when I mix video VOTD elements and other non-video elements in the pre-service loop. 

If I just add videos to the pre-service loop, it doesn't seem to crash. For example, I removed everything, and added 10 or 15 other videos downloaded from the internet, You tube, Skit Guys, etc. It ran on-air for about 1.5 hours without crashing.

I added some fresh logs for you.

4075.Crash logs 2017-02-17.zip

1832.Proclaim Logs 2017-02-17.zip

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 1:53 PM

I sent development your logs. We are still investigating a solution. Thank you for your patience regarding this crash. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 2:31 PM

Michael, we've spent many hours trying to track this down without success. We can't reproduce it using our 4th generation Apple TV but can using the 3rd generation. The crash seems to be random and occurs within Apple's code. We're still running some tests but I don't have an idea of when or if we'll be able to find a fix. Sorry, I wish I had better news for you. We'll keep you updated with future developments.

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 17 2017 6:32 PM

Hmm. Sounds like I should probably just pick a 4th gen Apple TV and call it a win. Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS