Thanks to all who answered my Wish List question but...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 77
Pat Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:49 AM

... I wasn't clear about the type of wish. I don't need a wish list of resources I want to buy. I would like to let Logos know a feature that I wish they would add to the software.

On the off-chance that my wish has already been fulfilled, this would be my request. It's nice to use shortcuts for highlighting. But if you highlight something by mistake, it would be nice to highlight the mistake and use your shortcut key to make the highlighting vanish. Like a toggle switch. Highlight and hit shortcut and then highlight the same text and hit shortcut again.Once on, once off.

But where do we go to let Logos know about new features we'd like to see in the software?

(BTW, I can never find your replies in forum to thank those who have answered. I really do appreciate the help!)

Posts 3480
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:55 AM

You can either post your wish in the Suggestions forum, or use the Logos 7 UserVoice website to suggest (or vote on) a wish.

Pat Browne:
But if you highlight something by mistake, it would be nice to highlight the mistake and use your shortcut key to make the highlighting vanish.

Although there's no shortcut key toggle option to remove recently applied highlighting, you can select (any part of) the highlighting, right-click, then select Open annotation. You can right-click on the note's dropdown and pick "Delete note" to remove the highlight.

There also is an "Erase" option on the highlight menu which you can use, but that it removes all highlights that the selection is a part of, not merely the recent one. That may be quite unexpected, and result in a loss of other notes. For example, if your highlighted text was also part of some other (larger) highlight, such as a note on that paragraph or section, that other note would also be removed.

You can read more about undoing highlighting on the Logos wiki.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 1:10 PM

Pat Browne:
But where do we go to let Logos know about new features we'd like to see in the software?

Many forum discussions have been followed by User Voice suggestions => https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-7 that can include reference to forum thread(s).

Pat Browne:
On the off-chance that my wish has already been fulfilled, this would be my request. It's nice to use shortcuts for highlighting. But if you highlight something by mistake, it would be nice to highlight the mistake and use your shortcut key to make the highlighting vanish. Like a toggle switch. Highlight and hit shortcut and then highlight the same text and hit shortcut again.Once on, once off.

Every Logos/Verbum user has 10 votes; up to 3 can be placed on one suggestion.

Found three User Voice Suggestions that included Undo request for highlighting:

197 votes => Improve the highlighting function: bolder color, enable in footnotes, enable Ctrl+Z undo (created on 9 Nov 2012)

17 votes => Allow Undo (Ctrl+Z) for highlighting (created on 26 Mar 2010)

6 votes => Selective Erase for highlight (created on 9 Oct 2010) 

Concur keyboard shortcut to undo highlighting would be appreciated. Thankful that Right click on a highlighted word has "Remove Annotations" option. Also can open Notes file with highlighting followed by deleting note entry.

Pat Browne:
(BTW, I can never find your replies in forum to thank those who have answered. I really do appreciate the help!)

Logos wiki has => Using the Forums

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 12 2017 2:56 PM

Pat Browne:
But if you highlight something by mistake, it would be nice to highlight the mistake and use your shortcut key to make the highlighting vanish. Like a toggle switch. Highlight and hit shortcut and then highlight the same text and hit shortcut again.Once on, once off.

It's not quite a toggle switch, but Shift-Command-K on the Mac (and Control-Shift-K on Windows) does erase highlighting. Select what you want to erase and hit the key combination, and it's gone. You can even erase just a part of what you highlighted (like that extra word that you mistakingly included).

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS