Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 34
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:37 PM

I am a Logos Now member and noticed that a few features don't seem to be working as I would have expected.  

In the Passage Guide, the Systematic Theologies, Biblical Theologies, Confessional Documents, and Cultural Concepts sections only populate with a note saying what they do and what I need to purchase to get them.  

Am I incorrect in assuming that these should be functioning with my Logos Now membership?  

Posts 27108
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:44 PM
Brenden Lang:
Am I incorrect in assuming that these should be functioning with my Logos Now membership?
I am not sure if this is your problem or not, but there are two parts to some of these features... You need to own the feature/dataset, which you DO get via Logos Now. You also need to own the resources to provide results. Do you own any base packages (know called "libraries")?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:22 AM

It goes to your Libary to find Information...soo you need Resources for this to work. This is how it looks with L6 Gold/LN

Posts 34
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 6:04 AM

Thanks for your help.  I wonder if only certain biblical theologies, systematic theologies, etc., have been tagged in such a way as to be pulled into this section.  I have plenty of both (though none of the ones I see in your screen shot).  

Posts 1049
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 6:36 AM

Brenden Lang:

Thanks for your help.  I wonder if only certain biblical theologies, systematic theologies, etc., have been tagged in such a way as to be pulled into this section.  I have plenty of both (though none of the ones I see in your screen shot).  

If you have plenty of both then surely some of them must be tagged. It sounds like a deeper problem. You might need customer service for help, or wait for someone more knowledgeable here to stop by.

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 7:43 AM

Brenden

I wonder if your licences haven't been correctly applied.

Try typing the command "update resources" into the command bar and see if that triggers any downloads.

Posts 2762
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 7:47 AM

Brenden Lang:
I have plenty of both (though none of the ones I see in your screen sho

Can you list a few here so we can make sure we are all on the same page?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9040
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 7:48 AM

I don't think Cultural Concepts requires additional resources, which makes me wonder if something else might be going on.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2022
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:25 AM

With Logos Now you have access to the resources that are required for these sections.

Is your application currently downloading resource updates or updating your library? (Check for a blue circle with a number in the upper right corner of the main window.) If not, try entering the command update resources in the command box at the top of the main window. This will do some extra checks to see if there are any resources that need to be downloaded.

Posts 34
Brenden Lang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 14 2017 7:34 PM

Thanks for your help.  I updated resources, and everything seems to be working fine now.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS