New Community Pricing: Mobile Ed OT312 Book Study: Deuteronomy

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 6 2017 5:55 PM

Mobile Ed: OT312 Book Study: Deuteronomy

Title: OT312 Book Study: Deuteronomy Instructor: Daniel I. Block Publisher: Lexham Press Publication Date: 2017 Product Type: Logos Mobile Education Resource Type: Courseware, including transcripts, audio, and video resources Courses: 1 Video Hours: 20

Projected Price   What’s Community Pricing?  $180.00  Reg.: $749.99

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:03 PM

Very happy to see Mobile Ed CP offerings! Thanks, FL!

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 552
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:05 PM

+ Yes

Posts 2938
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:06 PM

It would have had the potential for a much better price. Unfortunately the minimum is at $180.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:11 PM

Jan Krohn:

It would have had the potential for a much better price. Unfortunately the minimum is at $180.

Very, very true, Jan, but perhaps FL felt that letting OT317 Judges (a similarly priced course with 18 hours of video) be driven down to $50 was a bad precedent?

Posts 2938
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:22 PM

PetahChristian:

Very, very true, Jan, but perhaps FL felt that letting OT317 Judges (a similarly priced course with 18 hours of video) be driven down to $50 was a bad precedent?

You put my thoughts into words very well... In that case they should rather just have put it up as a pre pub for $180... It's not really community pricing, as it's not the community who makes the price.

Posts 2602
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:24 PM

I would like to bid on this, but I know I won't pay $180 for it, but unfortunately it's the lowest possible bid.  Hopefully, Logos will open up lower bid options as they have done in the past.

Maybe they didn't like Judges at $50, but I purchased it whereas I would have passed if it were the same price as this one.

Posts 259
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:30 PM

Jan Krohn:
It's not really community pricing, as it's not the community who makes the price.

Not cool, FL.  Please fix this, so the community sets the final price.

180: no thanks!

Posts 2938
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:33 PM

I'd be happy to bid and pay $80 to $90 for this one, and $50 to $60 for the Hebrews course.

I definitely won't pay $180, so I'm being fair, and don't bid for now.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:44 PM

Assuming they do not let the price go lower this is $9.00 an hour compared to the typical $20 - $25 an hour or so when pre-pub. Then $35.00 an hour when retail. I think this price is an excellent value and I hope we get enough to make it happen. The Hebrews course ends up $8.00 an hour. Doubt they will ever be less.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:46 PM

SteveHD:
What’s Community Pricing?  $180.00  Reg.: $749.99

Observation: $ 180 is $ 9 per hour for this Mobile Education Course.

Community Pricing allows closing price to drop when have more user bids.

If 1,000 bids of $ 180 (or higher) are needed to cover 100 % of projected course cost, then 1,125 bids of $ 180 (or higher) would reduce closing cost to $ 160 per bidder. Likewise if have enough bids of $ 180 of higher to cover 120 % of projected cost, then closing becomes $ 150 per bidder. If have enough bids of $ 180 of higher to cover 200 % of projected cost, then closing becomes $ 90 per bidder.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1589
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:09 PM

Jan Krohn:

PetahChristian:

You put my thoughts into words very well... In that case they should rather just have put it up as a pre pub for $180... It's not really community pricing, as it's not the community who makes the price.

In complete agreement, Jan.  I'm not complaining about the price, although I don't think I can afford to bite at $180 with all the other orders I have coming down the pike.  But I can't for the life of me figure how Faithlife can classify it as community pricing AND set a minimum bid, when that doesn't jive with their own definition of community pricing.  I.e.  Some excerpts from Faithlife's own web page explaining/defining community pricing.

• Community Pricing -- You Set the Price
  • Cover production costs -- and nothing more
  • The more interest in a title, the lower the price.
  • To participate in our Community Pricing Program, simply view the available titles and place your bid at the highest price you’d pay for a title. As soon as we have enough orders to cover production costs, we’ll enter your order at the lowest possible price.

So yes, it should just be listed as a pre-pub resource.  Listing it as a community pricing resource is just going to create confusion about what the community pricing program is.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:19 PM

Have we ever seen a Mobile Ed Pre-Pub offered at 76% off? Even if FL did that, it still won't solve the problem of customers not being able to afford it at that price point.

I'd rather get FL to lower the CP minimum, so more people can afford to bid on it.

Lower Mobile Ed pricing would also be beneficial for church subscription members, as more people could take advantage of the full learning experience, rather than just watching the video portion of a course.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:27 PM

I will say that I am pretty sure if you wait till the bidding closes it will show up with Pre-pub pricing until it ships. That will be closer to 40- 50% off. So probably 300 - 400 dollars.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 6 2017 7:33 PM

SteveHD:

I will say that I am pretty sure if you wait till the bidding closes it will show up with Pre-pub pricing until it ships. That will be closer to 40- 50% off. So probably 300 - 400 dollars.

Yes, FL will definitely switch it to Pre-Pub pricing once CP bidding has closed.

OT317 jumped from $50 CP to $399 Pre-Pub (which ended up being ~40% off). I suspect this OT312 course will be priced even higher, probably $449 Pre-Pub.

Posts 501
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 5:46 PM

They have extended the lower end now. The Hebrews one is also showing lower options.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 9 2017 5:52 PM

SteveHD:
They have extended the lower end now. The Hebrews one is also showing lower options.

Thanks, FL! Every little bit helps a few more people be able to take advantage of the pricing!

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 3:18 AM

Very happy to see this. I think the Deuteronomy study is longer that OT317 and I feel personally well worth the money at $180 - if it goes lower then fantastic but I will be happy just to have it. I think Block is a fantastic teacher as well and love the depth he goes into

Also looking forward the Hebrews offering - I should be finished OT317 by the time these are out :-) 

Posts 9842
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 10 2017 8:26 AM

PetahChristian:

SteveHD:

Thanks, FL! Every little bit helps a few more people be able to take advantage of the pricing!

Personally I'd like to see even lower bidding options for this but I also understand that doing this might put this more at risk of never reaching 100%. It is a hard balance for Faithlife to achieve.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 13 2017 10:07 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Personally I'd like to see even lower bidding options for this but I also understand that doing this might put this more at risk of never reaching 100%. It is a hard balance for Faithlife to achieve.

The course hit 40% at $160, and FL has extended the lower end a second time, to $150 now.

I think there will always be a tipping point where the price becomes so low/attractive that the risk of not reaching 100% disappears.

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS