Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:38 AM | Locked

thank you for adding this feature.  Some initial impressions:

1. I liked this feature in L3.  It helped me notice resources I didn't know I had
  2. Slide transition appears about ca. 13 seconds.  A bit too long, imo.  If I want to discover resources this way, i have to wait and wait and wait.  Can we alter the time elapse?  Or better, can we have a manual click override?  Then we can click until a resource shows up we want to investigate.  Btw, I just realized I have Inside Out by L. Crabb.  Did not know that!
  3. How useful IS this when I could just scroll through my library?  Hmmm, not sure.  But I must say this allows for "discovery", (or reminder), even when one is not purposefully looking for something.
  4. I have heard it is possibly coming, but a "cover flow" would be infinitely more valuable.
  5. This actually would be better to have on the "main" Logos workspace, where I spend more time.  However, I understand why it won't be put there. (and if it was, we'd need the option to turn on/off, in case it got distracting.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:44 AM | Locked

I also like this. Occasionally I want to read from a random book and this is very helpful in choosing it. However I would like to limit the books it selects from to a given collection. The FSD option is a bit too random sometimes for me.

Posts 1557
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:56 AM | Locked

I dont see the slide show. I updated yesterday.

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:45 AM | Locked

Blair Laird:

I dont see the slide show. I updated yesterday.

it is on the ribben.  just little changing icons of book covers.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:42 AM | Locked

I'll go back to a request I had back in L3.

I know it's frivolous but......

I would love a Logos screensaver that would cycle through my Library like this and display books, extracts, excertps whatever that I have.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1604
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 19 2010 9:22 AM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:

thank you for adding this feature.  Some initial impressions:

1. I liked this feature in L3.  It helped me notice resources I didn't know I had
  2. Slide transition appears about ca. 13 seconds.  A bit too long, imo.  If I want to discover resources this way, i have to wait and wait and wait.  Can we alter the time elapse?  Or better, can we have a manual click override?  Then we can click until a resource shows up we want to investigate.  Btw, I just realized I have Inside Out by L. Crabb.  Did not know that!
  3. How useful IS this when I could just scroll through my library?  Hmmm, not sure.  But I must say this allows for "discovery", (or reminder), even when one is not purposefully looking for something.
  4. I have heard it is possibly coming, but a "cover flow" would be infinitely more valuable.
  5. This actually would be better to have on the "main" Logos workspace, where I spend more time.  However, I understand why it won't be put there. (and if it was, we'd need the option to turn on/off, in case it got distracting.

Dan, I agree with all your feedback and suggestions.

On #3, it would be sweet if we could scroll through with the mouse wheel while hovering on the slideshow area.

Peter

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 3:05 PM | Locked

When hovering over Prayinglist, Biblereading plan, Lectionary in blue ribbon the mouse cursor change to a hand and you see this items are clickable. But when hovering over the Slideshow mouse course remain as an arrow. Ity would be more intuitive if the cursor change to a hand.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2010 8:57 AM | Locked

EbbeAndréasson:

When hovering over Prayinglist, Biblereading plan, Lectionary in blue ribbon the mouse cursor change to a hand and you see this items are clickable. But when hovering over the Slideshow mouse course remain as an arrow. Ity would be more intuitive if the cursor change to a hand.

It does change to a hand when hovering over the right and left arrows, but it should also change to a hand when you hover over book cover. I'll report this. Thanks.

Posts 127
Darren Paul Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2010 3:13 PM | Locked

Dan DeVilder:
Slide transition appears about ca. 13 seconds.  A bit too long, imo.  If I want to discover resources this way, i have to wait and wait and wait.  Can we alter the time elapse?  Or better, can we have a manual click override?

Previous/Next buttons have been added in 4.0c Beta2, along with transition animations (just added to the wiki release notes). I want to leave the duration at 12 seconds so that it doesn't become to distracting to someone reading elsewhere on the homepage. Do these new buttons address your concerns?

User Interface Designer - Logos Bible Software

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS