Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:48 PM

I have just noticed that I can no longer change the name of a Note file.  Going to "File", then "Open", still allows me the option of selecting a Note file and then "deleting" or "renaming" the file.  But it does not work.  Am I missing something simple.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:17 AM

It's a guess Charles, but have you imported notes from L3 into L4?  If so I believe a block is placed on renaming both of them so that Logos can keep something of a "sync" (but not quite) between them.  That way future imports do  not needlessly duplicate extant notes.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:02 PM
I have L3 and L4 on the some computer but I have not imported notes yet. I have not done any of the optional syncing yet.
Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:29 PM

Charles C.G. Miller:
I have just noticed that I can no longer change the name of a Note file.  Going to "File", then "Open", still allows me the option of selecting a Note file and then "deleting" or "renaming" the file

I tried this and it worked for me, but maybe I'm missing something... renaming is all you want to accomplish, right? Renaming and changing the name of the Note file are the same thing, and as far as I can remember that was all that was available, or are you saying it won't allow you to rename the file? I had success in doing this

I then renamed it "Adultery two" and got this result

Posts 59
Charles C.G. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:06 AM

I was able to perform all the steps you show, however my note file name did not change.  There was no message.

I have tried again after closing all windows on my screen and it has now worked.  I wonder if I had the note file open and did not realize it.  That thought makes me feel really dumb. However I would have expected a message that the file was open.

Maybe we should remove this complete thread so others will not be distracted by it.

Thanks.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:27 AM

Charles C.G. Miller:
Maybe we should remove this complete thread so others will not be distracted by it.
Too late, Google has indexed it and your exploits are now part of the public record. 

Welcome to the internet.  Wink  <-- JOKE

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 356
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 7:37 PM

Thomas Black:
Too late, Google has indexed it and your exploits are now part of the public record. 

No worries, one day everything will be revealed... might as well get use to it.Surprise

It's always a help to bring things up on the forum, you never know who will be helped by it, especially as folks look to play with their notes as we think about exporting them to L4.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS