Proclaim 2.2: Bug with custom fonts

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 15 2017 2:28 AM

I uploaded my own version of Lato, because I wanted to use the additional weights which aren't available by default. The fonts uploaded, and the new weights appear in the menu. However, when you select them, the standard weight is applied.

You can use multiple weights for fonts that aren't already pre-installed, so this appears to be a bug that affects only fonts from the same family as built-in fonts.

Posts 763
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 6:56 AM

Thanks for the report, I will take a look. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 763
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 9:40 AM

Hey Mark, when I am trying this on the most recent version, it seems to be working as expected. One thing I noticed is that Lato will now show twice in the font family picker: once under the my fonts section and another time in the default fonts section.

When I select the Lato family under my fonts, I see all the additional weights I uploaded. It is a little weird that the font family appears twice though. If I select the one under Defaut fonts I only see the original weights that Proclaim ships with.

Is this what you are seeing?

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 16 2017 10:28 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
Is this what you are seeing?

Yes, that's what I see (which is fine). However, when I select one of the weights that's only available in my custom font, it doesn't actually use that weight. It reverts to normal.

Posts 763
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:37 AM

Hi Mark, are you still seeing this behavior? If so, could you give me the name of a presentation in your group where you are seeing this?

I have been unable to reproduce this on our machines in house.

Thanks,

Jordan

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 29 2017 9:57 AM

Jordan Sjodin:
Hi Mark, are you still seeing this behavior? If so, could you give me the name of a presentation in your group where you are seeing this?

I've done some further investigation. I can reproduce it like this:

• Upload a Lato custom font.
  • Open a slide you'd created before uploading the custom font, and uses Lato.
  • Edit the slide to change the weight to "Thin".
  • You'll see that the font weight goes to Normal, but not to thin.

Workaround:

• Change the font to something else, then back to the Lato custom font.

So it looks as though the bug is only triggered when you open an slide that was created before the custom font was uploaded, then it appears as though the custom font is used (that's highlighted in the menu, and the custom weights are shown), but actually the standard font is being used. By switching to another font and then back to your custom font, Proclaim gets everything back in order.

I've duplicated an old presentation and called in "Font Test" for you to play around with, and that exhibits the bug.

If you're going to fix the bug, I wouldn't mind having to select the custom Lato font to get the custom weights. It's just confusing when the custom font is highlighted and the custom weights shown, but the existing font is actually used.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS