Resource I already own says it is not yet installed

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Chris Galloway | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 15 2017 11:31 AM

The short version: How can i get a resource I own to install that says "Resource is not yet Installed."

Long Version: I am away from the office for a few days and needed to access one item from the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew (DCH).  I had installed Logos on my wife's laptop about a year ago .  So tried using that.  But, her laptop is now caught (for over 24 hours now) in an endless cycle of update and then re-index and update then index and ... well you get the picture.  DCH does not show up in the library and when I use a layout that includes it, it just says "This resource is not yet installed"  It has a button to "Update resources now" but that is grayed out.  

What is my best option?  Should I...

1.) un-install logos and re-install it hoping it grabs DCH this time?   I've started to several times. But I keep thinking surely this will be the last update.

2.) Wait out the updates?

3.) is there a way to force Logos to load DCH?

4.) Or is there something wrong that DCH is not showing up?  Many resources I bought later are in the library.  

Posts 34
Chris Galloway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:07 PM

OK, so it now says, "You don't have a license to view this resource."  But, I have purchased it and use this resource almost daily in the office.  And, when I click on the "visit logos.com" link to see it in the store, it shows that I already own it.  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:25 PM

ChrisG:
OK, so it now says, "You don't have a license to view this resource."

Is Logos sync working ? One idea is restarting computer.

Another idea is using https://biblia.com for DCH access until resource license, download, and indexing have completed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 34
Chris Galloway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:32 PM

I'm not sure what the Logos Sync engine is but would be happy to look for it.  Should I be seeing it in task manager as a separate process?

I have restarted several times.  Sometimes the indexing phase just locks at 0% and so I can reboot and that gets it going again.

A couple of times I used task manager to set the priority for Logos Indexing to High.  That speeds up the index for that cycle.  But, once the next update starts, it slows back down again.  And, of course, you can't be using the computer for anything else because the "high priority" setting puts everything else at snail speed :) 

Posts 34
Chris Galloway | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 12:46 PM

Hooray! It is working now!  The indexing/updating cycle is still ongoing so that was not the issue after all.  But, I'm just happy to get it going!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 15 2017 1:42 PM

ChrisG:
I'm not sure what the Logos Sync engine is but would be happy to look for it.

Logos sync is a task within the application. LogosError.log file can have sync time out error messages.

Logos wiki has => Diagnostic Logging so can enable diagnostic logging, which includes more sync messages.

For indexing, recommend letting Logos complete since a restart during indexing causes indexing to start over.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS