I Installed Libronix on Windows 10 from the disks. Got it installed but books are all locked. Logos will not help me period.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3
Robert Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 25 2017 10:02 AM

Can someone tell me how to unlock the books in Libronix. I have tried every way I know how and I cannot get the books to open. The program opens just fine. When I click on "Load Workspace" I get four of my programs to pop up in four screens like it was set up to do. Each screen has a small message in it that says that the books are locked. I cannot even find a place where it ask for my User ID, Confirmation Number or any thing else. I would be glad to pay a Tech. to help me who is knowledgeable about Libronix.    

Bob Campbell,

Orlando, Florida

Posts 9297
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 10:51 AM

Bob, welcome to the Forums.

Libronix is no longer supported by Faithlife but they can help you unlock your disc data if you have the unlock codes.. See this wiki page.

However, I wonder why you would not download Logos 7 if you have a computer capable of using it? Your resources would then download from the Logos servers. Of course, that would only happen if you have already synchronized your licenses at a previous time on Libronix and then use the same login email account you used to do so as your login ID for Logos 7.

Before we get too far down that road, do you have a specific reason to stay with Libronix?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Robert Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 12:26 PM

Hello Mark: I have Logos 7 installed on my computer. I have been using Logos since 1999. 17 years. Not what you would call a new comer. I want to run Libronix and Logos 7 on my computer because Libronix has search engine that is a lot better than the one in Logos 7. For example. In Libronix  after you do a word search and it tells you every where the word appears in the Bible, there is another link at the top of the search on the right side (can't remember the name) when you click on it, it will pull up every Hebrew word and every Greek word that the word you are searching and every place it is used in the Bible. Logos will not do that. It will pull up something similar on the search box called "analysis" where it will show something similar to what Libronix shows but if you could see them side by side you would know the search results are displayed much different than they are in Libronix.

Bob Campbell

Posts 9297
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 25 2017 1:05 PM

With your experience, you undoubtedly synchronized your licenses in Libronix, so Faithlife will have those recorded. (You should see them in Logos 7.)

I think you will need to contact Customer Support unless someone else who's recently run into this has a better suggestion. CS should be able to give you the codes you need to unlock your resources in Libronix.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1561
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 3:40 AM

I installed Libronix with SESB four years ago to Windows 8 and there were some problems with running and unlocking. Customer service was very helpful. But, if I remember right, it took some days before I had it all working. Perhaps some updates were sent and downloaded automatically.

I use Libronix to search WIVU constituency trees. WIVU constituency trees can be seen in Logos 7, but as I understand, the syntax search in WIVU constituency trees does not work in Logos 7, thus I use Libronix for it.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 10912
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 1:32 PM

Veli Voipio:
I use Libronix to search WIVU constituency trees. WIVU constituency trees can be seen in Logos 7, but as I understand, the syntax search in WIVU constituency trees does not work in Logos 7, thus I use Libronix for it.

I think that used to be the case for many years, but changed EDIT: last October: see this post by Rick Brannan. If you open Syntax search, you'll be able to run it against "Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia: WIVU Syntactic Analysis" 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2618
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 8:02 PM

It is a lot easier to enable Hyper V on Windows 10, and to add a Windows XP virtual machine to it for the sole purpose to run Libronix...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/hyper-v-on-windows/quick-start/enable-hyper-v

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1561
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 26 2017 11:40 PM

NB.Mick:
see this post by Rick Brannan.

Thanks N.B. I actually saw that post, but somehow I then forgot it, my memory is not terribly good anymore! 

I have to find space for one more yellow label Embarrassed

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 5

Boa noite pastor, eu sou do Brasil. Eu não consegui fazer uma sincronização dos livros. Tenho instalado o Libronix 2.1d; e também o Logos 7.5sr. Ambos com a mesma conta, e-mail e senha. Não sei mais que fazer

Posts 5

Boa noite pastor, eu sou do Brasil. Eu não consegui fazer uma sincronização dos livros. Tenho instalado o Libronix 2,1d; E também o Logos 7.5sr. Ambos com a mesma conta, e-mail e senha. Não sei mais que fazer

Posts 2
David Hildreth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 11:19 PM

I installed Libronix in Windows 10. Figured out how to make it work. The solution was running the program as administrator. Other older programs also have this problem with newer windows versions.

1 ) Install Libronix as usual.

2) In desktop shortcut (make one if setup didn't); right click->properties->Compatibility; check box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'; select Windows XP (Service Pack 3); check box 'Run this program as an administrator'; left click 'OK'.

Now  you should be able to enter all your Libronix license info in the 'Tools' menu.

You can also transfer license info for additional things like 'Luther's Works' or whatever else you have installed by backing up the licenses on your old Libronix install (makes a file), and restoring those licenses with that file on your new install (Tools->Library Management->Backup Licenses/Restore Licenses).

The contents of the additional things you have (again like 'Luther's Works' or whatever else you have installed) can be put into your new install by copying the contents of the Libonix DLS\Resources folder in the old install (usually in C:\Program Files) to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Libonix DLS\Resources folder in the new install.

David

Posts 2
Bryan Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 6:05 AM

How were you able to get the product installed?  With the LDLS servers offline there is no way to install a license key or serial number? I would like to run 3.0g but without those servers I am dead in the water.

Posts 2
David Hildreth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:03 PM

I am running 3.0g in Windows 10. It works fine. My 'Luther 's Works' collection works fine, too.

After I initially installed it, I also could not find anywhere to enter my license/confirmation code.

A shortcut appeared on my desktop during installation. I changed the compatibility to WinXP and the shortcut->Advanced to 'Run as administrator'.

I used the altered shortcut to start Libronix. This time I could enter my license info in the Tools menu. I think it was in Unlock Resources or Library Management or both - can't remember.

Never used or needed the LDLS server. I was originally given a customer ID and a confirmation code years ago. I don't know if this is your situation.

If you have Libronix installed on a different windows version use Tools->Library Management->Backup Licenses on the old platform. It creates a file. Move that file to Windows 10. Use Tools->Library Management->Restore Licenses in Windows 10 to get your licences installed for all your stuff.

I have noticed that some other people have Libronix running - sort of. They can't save stuff and have various other problems. Most or these would go away if they run Libronix as Administrator.

Hope this helps.

Posts 1
Dave Rossi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 16 2019 6:45 AM

The passage guide and exegetical guide do not work in Windows 10 - they need IE9 as a minimum base to operate.

Posts 2
Michael Mysliwiec | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2020 11:54 AM

Did you use back up files for license?  Which version of W10?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS