Distorted audio when playing video

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 27 2017 4:23 PM

I tried to play a video yesterday and the audio was corrupted. At the time I thought something must have happened to my video file. So after church I tried playing the video from outside of Proclaim. This time the audio was just fine. I took a video with my phone so you can see and hear what is happening. I have provided a dropbox link to that video, and my Proclaim logs are attached. I played the same promotional video in a Proclaim presentation several weeks ago without any trouble. I use a MacBook Pro. Thanks for all the great work you are doing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ntubdib4gti69ec/Audio%20Problem.zip?dl=0

4130.2017-03-27 Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 783
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 28 2017 8:59 AM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Is this happening for all videos, every time you play one? No matter whether they are from the browser or from your computer? 

If so, could you try playing a youtube video via the WebPage service item? Does it sound bad? How about adding a audio item to a service item. Does it sound weird?

Thanks!

- Jordan 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 11:17 AM

Thanks for checking this Jordan. I haven't had time to run your specific tests yet, but I did try running the same Thanksgiving verse-of-the-day video again. This time it sounded fine. I will try some more, but am wondering if recycling the app cleared the problem. The app had been running on Sunday, with the presentation online, for about 1.5 hours before I played the video, and first heard the scratchy audio. If I can recreate the condition again, I will conduct the tests you requested and try it with some additional audio and video elements.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS