Catena Aurea: Commentary on the Four Gospels by Thomas Aquinas (8 Vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:50 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that these books have been in the community pricing area for awhile now and with so much excitement over the up coming "Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture" in a few months priced at  over $300+, it would be a great time to mention that these books focus on how the Ancient Fathers interpreted the Gospels. I think that $20 for an 8 volume set isn't too bad (especially now that i am saving for the more expensive set too).  Just throwing that out there for any takers. Thanks

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:14 PM

+1   +1     +1   +1    +1    +1

Yes     Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes  

Lets move this!!! PLEASE.

Posts 2900
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:23 PM

Amen, brother!

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 12
Charles Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:33 PM

I'm IN!  And I've been in for awhile, so come on folks!!  These prepubs are AWESOME!!  :D

Posts 44
Christopher Esget | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:45 PM

I've been in for awhile too. I often read portions of the Catena for the Sunday Gospels (I use the historic lectionary) in Sunday Sermons of the Great Fathers, but would absolutely love to have this in Logos. Outstanding stuff - far better on the Gospels than ACCS, in my opinion (and I own the entire hard-copy set).

Posts 5630
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:49 PM

Christopher Esget:
far better on the Gospels than ACCS, in my opinion (and I own the entire hard-copy set).

Why do you say that? I'm curious....I don't have either one.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 10:00 PM

Justin Gill:

I just wanted to let everyone know that these books have been in the community pricing area for awhile now and with so much excitement over the up coming "Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture" in a few months priced at  over $300+, it would be a great time to mention that these books focus on how the Ancient Fathers interpreted the Gospels.

I justed wanted to let everyone know that the product description page for this excellent set is http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5216.

I've found that it helps to point people right to the page when drumming up interest in a community pricing product. It's too easy for readers of the thread to be lazy and not go look up the book.

So yes, let's give this another push. It's up over 60% of production cost now, but let's go for 80%. The George Muller Collection is pretty close to reaching production cost, and people have been willing to pay $18 or more for that -- essentially a bunch of biographies and autobiographical material on one man. So why not $20 for an 8-volume collection of commentary on Scripture by the Church Fathers, edited by none other than the illustrious Thomas Aquinas! This is one of the best deals out there. YesYesYes

I know it's March Madness right now so you might not want to spend more money, but remember this is only marking your intention to purchase it once it becomes available. As you know, it takes quite a while to get from crossing the finish line into production mode to release date. At any time, even right up to the day before release, you are free to withdraw your order if you change your mind or decide you can't afford it. Your credit card isn't charge until ship day.

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:32 AM

Justin and Rosie you talked me into it Smile  I'm in at $20

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 9:46 AM

Thanks so much David. I think everyone is really going to enjoy this set!!!

Posts 317
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:28 AM

You got my attention and I put in a bid.  Thanks

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 12:27 PM

It isn't called The Golden Chain for nothing. This resource is worth its weight in gold! Big Smile

I've had this on order at $36 for ages. I would like to see this move to PrePub sooner rather than later, so c'mon – get with the bids!

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 37
Justin Gill | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 2:37 PM

I was reading and looking up stuff on the Catena Aurea and found this website: http://www.catecheticsonline.com/CatenaAurea.php . it would so exciting to get all of the is commentary by the Early Fathers through Logos! I can't wait till we can just search it by topic and word! If you aren't sure about if it could be a good resource for you check out the text at that website link above. I couldn't believe how many Father's Thomas Aquinas quoted for each verse by verse!  If you like what you see please go to the community pricing ( http://www.logos.com/communitypricing ) and throw in a bit to get all 8 volumes into production. Thanks

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 5:00 PM

Bumped up my bid.

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS