Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 557
Armin | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 6 2017 8:40 PM

Hi,

I am having problems with the resource "Let's Learn About the Lord's Prayer". Most of the book does not have any text. Only pictures are displayed.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Posts 24856
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 7:59 AM
I don't own the resource, but have you examined the visual filter menu?

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 613
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 9:18 AM

We will take a look. Thanks.

Posts 557
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 7 2017 9:44 AM

@alabama24: Visual filters are not enabled for this resource.

@Kyle: Many thanks for looking into this.

Posts 1413
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 9 2017 9:47 AM

Armin:
Does anybody else have this problem?

Yes, I do have the same problem, and already raised it a month ago.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/139387.aspx

Since I'm not in a sufficiently sarcastic mood right now, I better refrain  from any further commenting...

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 1413
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 10:08 AM

I received an email from the Logos support department that this book would be withdrawn from Vyrso. I'm okay with this solution, although I was rather hoping for an update to fix the resource.

Ah, well...

Anyway, I had a short discussion with customer support about numerous other children's books with similar issues that make these books unreadable. She told me that only a small number of children's books have been identified and withdrawn.

So let me list the other ones that could need some treatment. These are ojnly the ones I have purchased in the past. I'm sure there are many more.

At least one instance of missing text.

The text becomes visible upon export, therefore seems to be technically there. So maybe this issue can be fixed through an updated resource?

Some images are duplicate, some images are missing. Here's a page from Kindle preview as an example.

• "Cottonmouth and the River" is no lobger available on Vyrso. The resource has overlapping and missing images.

I think this is it. If these three books could be looked at, that's be great.

--
Jan Krohn -- Returning back to Germany after 5 years of Mission Work in Cambodia. Starting Next Now...
www.heidoc.net -- Vyrso Freebies Newsletter -- Bible Apps -- Secret Microsoft Downloads

Posts 557
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 11:23 AM

For me, the "donkey book" works. Our daughter loves it.

Armin

Posts 1413
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 4:00 AM

Are you sure your copy contains the full text? Do you have the following lines in it? (I don't)

The donkey got up; his tears had all dried.
With big bulging muscles, he started to stride.
No longer a donkey that no one could ride,
Now he had courage and power and pride!
He started to stride; he started to run.
He couldn’t believe he was having such fun!
With a clipity-clop and a clipity-clop,
He kept right on going with no need to stop.
But as they drew near to the gate of the town,
The donkey could hear a very strange sound.
The curious noise made him perk up his ears.

--

Posts 557
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 5:29 AM

Hi Jan,

You are right. This text and some other text is missing in the donkey book. Based on your screenshots, I also found that text is missing from "The Story of King Jesus". 

I am surprised that Vyrso withdraws these books rather than fixes them. It really is a pity.

Posts 1413
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 19 2017 10:17 AM

I got a reply from customer service that both the Donkey and King Jesus will neither receive an update to fix the issues, nor be withdrawn from Vyrso.

Note to self: use the preview function next time before buying any children's book from Vyrso...

--

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.