Crash Log

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6
Bryan Krick | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 2 2017 7:05 AM

I updated logos 7 this morning.  It indexed and would not open only give me a  pop up messages that says "logos bible software has stopped working"  I am running windows 10 pro

After doing an online chat with logos support and confirming windows did not need to be updated, we attempted a repair in the windows control panel but it did not correct the problem, as requested the my log files are attached

2318.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 10:32 AM

Hey Bryan! We're sorry about the trouble. Looking at your running logs I'm actually not seeing a crash, but I am in other areas. Would you be able to specify when this crash is happening, or has happened?

Are you possibly using any custom layouts that are being opened? (If you changed something like the default Go search layout, that would also count)

If possible, would you be able to upload new logs where the crash directly happened? It's odd that there's no trace in the Logos.log that you uploaded. Is there by chance an IndexCrash.log or anything resembling that in your logs? If so, please upload those as well.

It also might be best if we reach you by phone if the new logs you upload also don't include any crash information. I'll be emailing you directly if that ends up being the case.

Posts 6
Bryan Krick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 10:42 AM

New logs are attached

I attempted to reinstall logos and allowed it to index and also to use other layouts than the original one that was giving causing the crash.

There seems to be an issue with UBS greek text. It will open but when a new reference is entered a crash happens.

8422.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 12:29 PM

Bryan, the program is crashing trying to use one of your visual filters, called Propositional Outlines. It identifies it as a user-created filter. There is a Logos propositional outlines feature you likely have, but this may be different from one that since it calls it a user visual filter.

If you have such a filter, my suggestion is to delete it, close the program, reopen the program, and recreate the filter.

To do this, open Logos offline (hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the Logos icon and select the offline option) so it will open to a blank layout. Open the suspect visual filter from your Documents menu. You'll need to recreate it later so write down what you need to. Close the filter, go back to the documents menu, delete the filter there, then close and reopen Logos and recreate the filter.

If you don't have a user created filter with this name, someone from FL will have to give you some directions.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 6
Bryan Krick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 2:16 PM

Thanks Mark.  I do not have this as a user created filter only the one built into logos.  When this is unchecked, under the built in visual filters (3 dot triangle drop down menu) for the UBS greek text the issue appears to be corrected.  It returns when I try to check the option.  However this option can be used with out a problem in English bibles and the Nestle-Aland greek text.

Posts 9542
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 2 2017 4:20 PM

I thought it unlikely you'd have your own filter for this. I haven't tried to reproduce the problem on my PC, so we can't determine if this is just local data corruption. When I get a chance, I will. 

This needs FL involvement. You can, of course, try again with Support and point them here to view the log file. However, I hope someone from Faithlife will look in on this thread.

At least you can stay away from the problem for awhile and still use Logos.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 301
LogosEmployee
Brandyn Whittington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 3 2017 12:43 PM

Hey Mark! My sincerest apologies for my delay on getting back to this. We aren't able to recreate the crash in a testing environment which is a fairly good sign. The resource itself may be corrupt or need to be re-indexed. This can easily be re-done by hiding and then unhiding the USB Greek resource in question, doing so will delete, re-download and then re-index the book. Once done, try the visual filter again and let us know the results.

Posts 9156
LogosEmployee

This crash appears to be the same one discussed here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/142144.aspx 

Posts 6
Bryan Krick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 5:07 AM

Brandyn I followed your suggestion however the issue was not corrected.  As soon as the resource is re-downloaded, indexed and the propositional outline option selected Logos crashes

Posts 30054
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 6:35 AM

Bryan Krick:
Brandyn I followed your suggestion however the issue was not corrected.

As per Bradley, it appears that your crash is related to a bug in the resource. An update will be required of the resource before the issue is fixed. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2913
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 8:04 AM

This is an error in the application which will be fixed in the next application update.

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS