Suggestion: Better Image Filtering

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 236
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, May 5 2017 6:33 AM

I'd love to see some better image filtering in the Logos Media tool. As a Logos Now subscriber, I have way too many options for images and they are hard to sort. Specifically, I'd love to better be able to filter between the pre-made Bible reference images, and the blank Bible reference images that we can fill in ourselves. Right now both show up when I filter by Reference - and I have 5,732 options available to me! This Reference filter gives me both the pre-made images and blank images.

If I only want to see the blank & customizable images, it seems that the best way for me to do so is to highlight a random verse first and then click visual copy.

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 7:02 AM

Ben Hein:
I'd love to see some better image filtering in the Logos Media tool. As a Logos Now subscriber, I have way too many options for images and they are hard to sort. Specifically, I'd love to better be able to filter between the pre-made Bible reference images, and the blank Bible reference images that we can fill in ourselves. Right now both show up when I filter by Reference - and I have 5,732 options available to me! This Reference filter gives me both the pre-made images and blank images.

You can filter the 'pre-made' Bible Reference Image. Choose "Logos Verse of the Day" in "Media Collection" section.

If you want just the 'fill in yourself' templates, start the media tool from a Bible reference. (To do this, find the location in a Bible, right-click on the verse you're interested in, select the verse from the right-hand side of the context menu, then choose "Visual Copy", you might then need to click "Find Media"). You still might get a few "pre-made" images, but only the one(s) for that specific verse, so nearly all of what you see will be "fill in yourself" templates.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 236
Ben Hein | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 5 2017 7:45 AM

Mark, I appreciate the help, and I recognize the workaround of using visual copy (as I noted in the original post). What I would like to see is a filter in the media tool itself where I don't need to use the visual copy workaround.

Rev. Ben Hein

Shady Grove Presbyterian Church (PCA)

Reformed Theological Seminary, M.Div (2017)

www.shadygrovepca.org

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS