Suggestion: Way to handle Chinese Simplified & Traditional Resources on Website

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1163
LimJK | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, May 22 2017 8:34 PM

Hi,

When Logos started with the Chinese Bronze Package there was a large mixed of Chinese Simplified and Traditional Resources at a bundled price. However, I noticed that recently Logos has started publishing individual Simplified and Traditional Resources and each separately priced.

I like to raise a few practical problems I am facing, I would greatly appreciate if you can consider some solutions to the somewhat unique Chinese challenge.

(1) It is not obvious how to search a particular resource to see if there exist both Simplified and Traditional version; some of the text are different visually.

My work around is to search the "English Title" to get both the Chinese Resource below, which is not intuitive. Can your Website search engine shows both the Simplified and Traditional Resources whether I search based on Simplified or Traditional. 

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Chinese+CUNP+Study+Bible+(Shen+Edition)—+Genesis 

(2) If assuming that I have already owned a Resource in Chinese Traditional, please consider to provide another tone of Grey out (eg. grey out gold) to prompt me if I want to purchase the Chinese Simplified version that I have already owned the Chinese Traditional version. The reverse is true too.

My work around, is to take the additional unnecessary steps to search for both Simplified and Traditional individually

Why? Most of us just need to own either the Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional Resource and not both. Hoping for help to avoid accidentally buying both (more importantly paying for both) and I have a preference for Simplified from where I am from.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 118
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 22 2017 9:35 PM

YesYes

Posts 247
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 23 2017 10:50 AM

LimJK:

Hi,

When Logos started with the Chinese Bronze Package there was a large mixed of Chinese Simplified and Traditional Resources at a bundled price. However, I noticed that recently Logos has started publishing individual Simplified and Traditional Resources and each separately priced.

I like to raise a few practical problems I am facing, I would greatly appreciate if you can consider some solutions to the somewhat unique Chinese challenge.

(1) It is not obvious how to search a particular resource to see if there exist both Simplified and Traditional version; some of the text are different visually.

My work around is to search the "English Title" to get both the Chinese Resource below, which is not intuitive. Can your Website search engine shows both the Simplified and Traditional Resources whether I search based on Simplified or Traditional. 

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=Chinese+CUNP+Study+Bible+(Shen+Edition)—+Genesis 

(2) If assuming that I have already owned a Resource in Chinese Traditional, please consider to provide another tone of Grey out (eg. grey out gold) to prompt me if I want to purchase the Chinese Simplified version that I have already owned the Chinese Traditional version. The reverse is true too.

My work around, is to take the additional unnecessary steps to search for both Simplified and Traditional individually

Why? Most of us just need to own either the Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional Resource and not both. Hoping for help to avoid accidentally buying both (more importantly paying for both) and I have a preference for Simplified from where I am from.

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for the suggestions.  We are working on improving our websites (especially Traditional Chinese and Simplified store fronts) and we will see if we can find a way to improve the user search experiences.  Please continue to give us any suggestions to help us improve the user experiences for our websites.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Posts 1163
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 10:22 AM

Philip,

Related to the previous question:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Today%27s+Chinese+Version+Bible%22 

I owned this: 現代中文譯本聖經(上帝版) Today's Chinese Version Bible (Shangti Edition)

When this is out of Pre-Pub: 现代中文译本圣经 (简体)(上帝版) Today's Chinese Version Bible (Shangti Edition)(Simplified Chinese)

Can you help us understand what is Logos position:

• For some of us who prefer the Simplified version, can swap our Traditional copy for the Simplified; When Chinese Bronze was available we really do not have a choice. Depending on where we come from we may each prefer Simplified or Traditional, almost all of us do not need both.
  • If we can have it for FREE Smile we will be very grateful. 
  • Or if you really have to charge, Let us own it at a reasonably low enough price that we can be happy Smile
  • I am asking now, because there is a pre-pub offer on Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2014 2.5GHz RAM:16GB SSD:512GB macOS Mojave 10.14.1 | iPhone X iOS 12.1

Posts 247
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 24 2017 10:51 AM

LimJK:

Philip,

Related to the previous question:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=%22Today%27s+Chinese+Version+Bible%22 

I owned this: 現代中文譯本聖經(上帝版) Today's Chinese Version Bible (Shangti Edition)

When this is out of Pre-Pub: 现代中文译本圣经 (简体)(上帝版) Today's Chinese Version Bible (Shangti Edition)(Simplified Chinese)

Can you help us understand what is Logos position:

• For some of us who prefer the Simplified version, can swap our Traditional copy for the Simplified; When Chinese Bronze was available we really do not have a choice. Depending on where we come from we may each prefer Simplified or Traditional, almost all of us do not need both.
  • If we can have it for FREE Smile we will be very grateful. 
  • Or if you really have to charge, Let us own it at a reasonably low enough price that we can be happy Smile
  • I am asking now, because there is a pre-pub offer on Smile

Hi, LimJK,

Thank you for bringing up these questions.  First, publisher would not allow us to give this 现代中文译本圣经 (简体)(上帝版) or 現代中文譯本聖經(上帝版) for free to every Logos users.  Secondly, for people who get the 現代中文譯本聖經(上帝版) through Chinese Bronze base package, they already got this Bible with more than 85% discount through the Chinese Bronze purchase (Chinese Bronze base package contains more than USD $2000 worth of resources if users buy them separately, but through Chinese Bronze, users only pay about USD$250 or less to get all the resources).  In the way we have already given great discounts to Chinese Bronze users and publisher also receives much less royalty for the Bibles sold in the Chinese Bronze package.  Thirdly, for users who do not read traditional Chinese, they have the choice not to purchase 現代中文譯本聖經(上帝版) as stand-alone book and can wait or Pre-order the 现代中文译本圣经 (简体)(上帝版) instead. And this is the same for Traditional Chinese readers.

I hope my explanations will help you understand Logos's position on this.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Philip

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS