This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:08 PM

yeap - it's getting worse.

anyone else spot whats happening?

very frustrating for me.

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 5:48 AM

I prefer not to play guessing games.  What problem are you seeing?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 1:58 PM

It does not allow you to finish a course, even though you have. (All required reading is completed, may be missing a suggested reading).  6 of the 8 courses shown are actually completed, and stay in the "started" category. :(

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 2:13 PM

Strange.  I completed "The Gospel of the Kingdom" with Ladd, and It now sits in the completed category.

Likewise I just did a cheat-through of the Pilgrim's progress, clicking continue repeatedly and got to the end where I was able to click the finished button.  Now it too sits in the completed bin.

When you go into the courses you have finished, does it show anything undone?  That may be the issue.  I have very little experience with actual courses, as I've only just started a few.

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3639
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 2:27 PM

TCBlack:
When you go into the courses you have finished, does it show anything undone?

That is the issue in this case. If you don't do every reading for a course (because you're missing a specific resource), you'll never get 100% and it will never be completed.

I don't think that's a bug, I think it's a good feature, as I may end up with that missing resource down the road, and finally get to do the missing reading.

But I can see how the number of started courses could get cluttered, as more and more mostly complete courses accumulate. Perhaps FL can add another collapsable section, to be able to hide courses which are as completed as possible under the circumstances. 

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 2:41 PM

PetahChristian:

That is the issue in this case. If you don't do every reading for a course (because you're missing a specific resource), you'll never get 100% and it will never be completed.

I don't think that's a bug, I think it's a good feature, as I may end up with that missing resource down the road, and finally get to do the missing reading.

But I can see how the number of started courses could get cluttered, as more and more mostly complete courses accumulate. Perhaps FL can add another collapsable section, to be able to hide courses which are as completed as possible under the circumstances. 

Yes. this.  though I do NOT consider it a feature.  it is a bug.  I have completed the course and ALL the "suggested reading".  the ONLY thing that may be missing in any of the 6, is perhaps, one of the "see also" readings.  to me, this is not a feature, it is a bug.  It won't even let me "cheat", let alone somehow manually mark it as completed.

If the courses were for credit, and if the readings all came with the course (especially the "extra" - "See Also's") - I could see this being a feature.  specifically the See Also's are the trouble.  I have purchased many dozens of MobileEd courses, and as far as I know (thus far), the ONLY "extra" reading resources that I don't already own are the second category ("See Also").  In fact, in ALL cases, thus far - the "See Also" resources that are missing, I can't justify the purchase, as they are tertiary to the course as a whole, and not necessary for completing and testing.

I am disappointed that the Logos/Faithlife team apparently believes this "feature" is not a bug - or AT least, allow a click of the upper right drop down arrow and allow a "complete course" menu selection (assuming the course is otherwise really done, sans any "See Also" resources.

I have been to several universities (for credit), and these "other" resources were there for your information only, and not as an integral part of the course.  the "suggested reading", to me, is the required materials for the course completion.

still a bug. (oh, and as a point of note, I do have some courses "Completed", that I happen to have every resource listed. (keeping in mind that I already have "beyond" collectors)

Posts 8608
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 2:55 PM

Brent Hoefling:
I am disappointed that the Logos/Faithlife team apparently believes this "feature" is not a bug
Well I'm not sure one way or the other how they feel about this behavior.  They may see it as a bug.  Give them a chance to respond here.  

I agree with you that it feels like a bug, smells like a bug, and acts like a bug.  It would be one thing if it was a first tier resource you hadn't read, but since it is tertiary: bug.

Check the Wiki

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 8 2017 2:59 PM

where's that "like" button...

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 12 2017 9:19 AM

I think it's a bug, or rather an incomplete design. (We should have a "mark complete" command on the menu of the upper-right of the card.)

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 12 2017 3:33 PM

more FB liking happening. thanks, Eli

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 10:36 AM

Brent Hoefling:

yeap - it's getting worse.

anyone else spot whats happening?

very frustrating for me.

Courses can now be marked completed even when not all readings have been completed in 7.9.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 11:57 AM

where is it located? just updated minutes ago, i don't see it in the drop down menuonly import and delete still.

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 12:52 PM

Hi Brent,

I apologize, I should have said that they are now automatically marked complete. We did not add any new UI.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 1:20 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Hi Brent,

I apologize, I should have said that they are now automatically marked complete. We did not add any new UI.

Except that as my clipped screen shot shows, they aren't.  These and others are still in the Started category.

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 2:39 PM

Brent Hoefling:

Philana R. Crouch:

Hi Brent,

Except that as my clipped screen shot shows, they aren't.  These and others are still in the Started category.

Brent,

Can you verify that eveything is marked as read or locked within those courses? If you could show screenshots for anything that is not showing up?  This will help us recreate this issue.

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 5 2017 6:53 PM

Please let me know if there is something else I need to show.  BI100 is broken out completely in the following image clips, yet the course stays in started.  (I can upload the images of the others too, but they look pretty much the same.  Courses completed except for a couple "See Also's":

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 1:38 PM

Hi Brent,

Can you take a screenshot of your plan details for BI100? The screenshot will help us to narrow things down.

Thanks,

Philana

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 2:58 PM

I showed the whole thing in a previous post.  what are you looking for, exactly?

Posts 3007
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 6 2017 3:03 PM

Hi Brent,

That's what we needed. Thanks!

Posts 570
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 8:18 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Hi Brent,

That's what we needed. Thanks!

Thank you, @Philana

hard to justify a resource that is only used in one short reading in other and not a main reading section.  It is hard for me to believe that my beyond collectors, has any missing resources for the Mobile ed course.  it would be AWESOME if the logos dot com page would allow you to automatically select resources (dynamically, that you are missing) when purchasing a course (and give a discount!) :)  just a suggestion - I would love to have every resource for all my mobile ed courses.  but after the course is bought, the budget is gone. :(

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS