Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 6 2017 2:06 PM

Mac OS 10.12.5 Had just created a note and clicked on it to format the title when Logos disappeared from the screen to be replaced by the Apple Crash Dialog.

1682.Apple Crash Report.rtf

2768.LogosLogs.jackcav.20170606-170255.zip

Posts 3581
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 6 2017 3:05 PM

I'll ask one of the devs to take a look.

Posts 2702
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 8:54 AM

Does this crash happen every time you add a note? Have you had any other crashes since this time?

Andrew Batishko | Faithlife software developer

Posts 3581
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 14 2017 1:13 PM

Jack.

We do have a case for this, if you have any more information please let us know and we can update the case.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 9:04 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

Jack.

We do have a case for this, if you have any more information please let us know and we can update the case.

No more crashes while creating a note. I did have one this morning while changing layouts, but I did not create a log archive. Cleared out the logging folder to provide a clean set, but the crash did not repeat. I seem incapable of creating simple layouts—and then they grow like kudzu—If you don't know what that is, thank God for sparing you Stick out tongue

Posts 2702
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 9:36 AM

Let us know if the crash happens again. My best guess without the problem repeating is a corrupted database, which might have been automatically repaired.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 15 2017 1:28 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
My best guess without the problem repeating is a corrupted database, which might have been automatically repaired.

Possibly. If it returns, I will submit logs.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 4:21 AM

It's Baaaack. Now with Logos 7.8 Beta 1 Mac OS 10.12.5

Logos had been running in the background for about 15 minutes. Clicked on a custom toolbar icon to change layouts when Logos was quickly replaced by the Apple Crash Dialog. Logos had operated overnight with the layout to which I was attempting to switch. This morning, I switched layouts to do my morning devotions. Upon completion, I switched to another app for a few minutes. Then, returning to Logos, I clicked the toolbar icon which produced this crash.

1663.Apple Crash.rtf

3223.LogosLogs.jackcav.20170621-071444.zip

Posts 2702
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 9:57 AM

I'm not seeing any specific problem here, but it seems like a corrupted file may still be a possibility. It could be that only very specific operations cause the application to request the specific information that is causing problems.

I recommend deleting the following file:
/Users/jackcav/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/ai630slj.1g0/KeyLinkManager/keylinkmanager.db

This will get recreated when you start the application.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 21 2017 12:38 PM

I recommend deleting the following file:
/Users/jackcav/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/ai630slj.1g0/KeyLinkManager/keylinkmanager.db

Deleted the file; will let you know if another crash occurs. The crashes have not been frequent, nor have I seen any pattern other than they seem to occur after initiating a layout change.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 1:55 PM

It just crashed again. Had opened Logos to a blank layout; then, selected a new layout from a custom icon on the toolbar. Logos began loading the new layout and then disappeared.

5611.Apple Crash.rtf

7776.LogosLogs.jackcav.20170622-165454.zip

Posts 2702
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 2:16 PM

Hmm... that's a different crash. Not sure what's happening there, but we'll take a look.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 22 2017 5:22 PM

Hmm... that's a different crash. Not sure what's happening there, but we'll take a look.

Thanks Andrew. Should I start a new thread?

Posts 2702
LogosEmployee
Andrew Batishko | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 23 2017 8:28 AM

Jack Caviness:

Thanks Andrew. Should I start a new thread?

No need.

Is the crash consistent with this particular layout? Does it affect other layouts?

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 23 2017 6:13 PM

Is the crash consistent with this particular layout? Does it affect other layouts?

Not sure. It has not happened often enough for me to remember the pattern. I have considered closing some of the windows which I have not been using. Do I need to keep it as is for crash analysis?

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 30 2017 9:51 AM

It just crashed again with that same layout which i had simplified a few days ago. Not sure that it has crashed with any other layout. Will rebuild.

0116.Apple Crash.rtf

0027.LogosLogs.jackcav.20170630-124822.zip

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS