Study Guide Reprint Guidelines

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 28 2010 11:36 AM

Does anyone know what the reprint guidelines are on study guides in Logos? Specifically I'm wondering about the MacArthur Bible study guides.

I had thought about trying to email Nelson, but I would probably have the same results if I printed out the email and ran it through a shredder. Indifferent

Thanks

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:12 PM

From the title page on 1 & 2 Timothy

1 & 2 timothy

MacArthur Bible Studies

Copyright © 2001, John F. MacArthur, Jr. Published by Word Publishing, P.O. Box 141000, Nashville, TN 37214. All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means—electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any other— except for brief quotations in printed reviews, without the prior permission of the publisher.

The quotes from John MacArthur in the "Summing Up" sections are from 1 Timothy and 2 Timothy: MacArthur New Testament Commentary (Moody Press: Chicago, IL,1995). Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Scripture passages taken from:

The Holy Bible, New King James Version

Copyright © 1979, 1980, 1982 by Thomas Nelson. All rights reserved.

Cover Art by The Puckett Group.

Interior design and composition by Design Corps, Batavia, IL.

Produced with the assistance of the Livingstone Corporation. Project staff include Dave Veerman, Christopher D. Hudson, and Amber Rae.

Project editor: Len Woods

ISBN 0-8499-5552-1

All rights reserved.

Not what I expected.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 12:24 PM

Praiser:

Hi Praiser,

I had taken a look at the same thing, but I figured that perhaps there is some special dispensation for small group / Sunday school use, under the clause of "prior permission of the publisher".

I know that for Bible studies in another software, they explicitly state that up to ten print-outs can be made and distributed in a class, for each license purchased. I would have to think that Logos would have a similar agreement with the publishers.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 33257
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:49 PM

Paul Golder:

Praiser:

Hi Praiser,

I had taken a look at the same thing, but I figured that perhaps there is some special dispensation for small group / Sunday school use, under the clause of "prior permission of the publisher".

I know that for Bible studies in another software, they explicitly state that up to ten print-outs can be made and distributed in a class, for each license purchased. I would have to think that Logos would have a similar agreement with the publishers.

I think that it is safe to assume that the copyright as stated holds. I think Logos would have adapted the copyright statement had a contractual change been negotiated.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 4:28 PM

MJ. Smith:
I think that it is safe to assume that the copyright as stated holds. I think Logos would have adapted the copyright statement had a contractual change been negotiated.

You're most likely correct MJ.

Just to make sure, I went ahead and sent an email to customer service to get the official company policy.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS