Bible Browser and Fuzzy Bible Search

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 210
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 11:13 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

On Friday, we added Fuzzy Bible Search to our Starter, Full, and Extended Feature sets

This is fantastic! I used to have to use Google for locating Bible verses of which I only had partial recollection. Now, not only does the Fuzzy Bible Search do the same job, but it does it better by giving me other Scripture verses that relate! Wow, I am grateful! Thanks Faithlife for the generosity in rolling out this feature to current Logos 7 users!

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 1:35 PM

I'm unable to access FBS. I have the Starter package from Logos 6, updated to 7. I'm set to automatically update, and I've tried manually updating (no updates available). I've also restarted the program and my machine (Mac on OS 11). Any help would be appreciated. I'd really like to use FBS!

Posts 23057
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 2:14 PM

What Logos 7 package did you upgrade to?

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 2:16 PM

I just did the free upgrade. Is that why I don't have access?

Posts 23057
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 2:23 PM

Rob Golding:

I just did the free upgrade. Is that why I don't have access?

Yes.

you need one of the Logos 7 feature sets or a Logos Now subscription 

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 2:24 PM

Bummer, I thought it was for any starter package. That makes sense though. Except for the fact that versions 4/5 had "Speed Search" which was basically the same thing. I'd settle for that!

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Posts 23057
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 28 2017 2:41 PM

By Speed Search are you referring to the option to start searching while typing.

If so, its still there but not the same as Fuzzy search

From the help file:

Choose which type of Bible search to run
1. Use the default Search to begin the search after entering the query, choosing a suggested match from the drop-down list, and pressing Enter (or clicking the Go arrow).
2. Click on Search and choose Search (while typing) to begin the search as you type.
• No suggested matches will appear.
• Results begin generating right away, and will dynamically change with the query as it changes.

Posts 20
Rob Golding | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 29 2017 12:35 PM

Yes, I’ve used that. My machine lags a bit so it doesn’t really work better than google for me. I remember it being faster on the older versions of Logos / Libronoz but maybe it’s just because the grass is always greener on the other Side. Thanks for your response!

Posts 11094
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 29 2017 1:12 PM

Rob Golding:

I remember it being faster on the older versions of Logos / Libronoz but maybe it’s just because the grass is always greener on the other Side.

No maybe's. The grass WAS always greener on the Libby side.

And indeed, still is. Snappy fast, still those crispy gorgeous fonts. Oh, and did I mention, not only a fuzzy search of AYB? But her very own BDAG search. How's that? Many have suggested Libby was the best software ever written (I made that up).  But a few doubters say, no, Libby was the best 'Bible' software ever written. I'd reluctantly agree on the latter.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS