Proclaim 2.3: Crash whilst trying to delete a slide

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:10 AM

I right-clicked on a slide to delete it, and after a few seconds, Proclaim crashed: "Failed to decode image. ~OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program."

7737.Proclaim.log

According to Task Manager, Proclaim was using 929.9Mb after the crash.

When I restarted Proclaim, the slide had not been deleted. I was able to delete it the second time, however.

Posts 627
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:51 AM

Sorry about this Mark. We discovered an Issue with some of our media that caused their thumbnails to be excessively large. This could negatively affect memory usage after browsing media. Do you think you had used the media browser before this happened?

we have since fixed the media and will be shipping a Proclaim update that invalidates the cache for the large thumbnails which will fix the memory pressure issue. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 25 2017 2:11 PM

No, I definitely didn't have the media browser open at any point. I had opened the presentation, added a previously used slide, probably moved that slide, copied another slide in the presentation, then changed my mind and deleted the slide. I'm pretty sure that's all I'd done. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 26 2017 9:17 AM

Thanks for the logs Mark. We have an idea what the issue might be and are actively investigating.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS