7.8 beta 2: Command box is much slower

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12710
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 1 2017 11:46 PM

The command box is significantly slower in 7.8 than in previous versions. Whilst I appreciate the extra functionality, I don't want that to be at the cost of speed.

I use the command box most often to open resources. Previously, by the time I'd finished typing part of the resource name/author, the suggestion would be there. Now it's about 3-5s after I've finished, and I'm running a fast system with lots of RAM. I dread to think what it would be like on a slower system. Admittedly I have a large library, and that seems to be the problem. Everything I type has to be looked up in every resource to see if it's a reference.

Posts 10288
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 2 2017 2:29 AM

Mark Barnes:
The command box is significantly slower in 7.8 than in previous versions.

Also on the Mac OS with loads of RAM, I can confirm the slowness in populating the Command suggestions.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 1804
LogosEmployee

Thanks for the report. We'll take a look.

Posts 1942
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 10 2017 1:30 PM

Mark Barnes:

The command box is significantly slower in 7.8 than in previous versions. Whilst I appreciate the extra functionality, I don't want that to be at the cost of speed.

I use the command box most often to open resources. Previously, by the time I'd finished typing part of the resource name/author, the suggestion would be there. Now it's about 3-5s after I've finished, and I'm running a fast system with lots of RAM. I dread to think what it would be like on a slower system. Admittedly I have a large library, and that seems to be the problem. Everything I type has to be looked up in every resource to see if it's a reference.

This has been fixed with 7.8 Beta 4 (7.8.0.0015).

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS